Sales Executive - (SLED) State, Local, Education - Alabama
Company: NTT DATA, Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Req ID:233792NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional,
innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If
you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and
forward-thinking organization, apply now.Sales Executive - State,
Local & Education - (100% Remote but must have access to Capital
City of Montgomery, AL)The ideal candidate NTT DATA is seeking has
7+ years of experience and strong relationships in State and Local
government and Education, possibly as part of the State or local
government administrations, agencies or departments. Additionally,
a strong understanding of Information Technology is highly desired
as this position will be seeking to ultimately sell technology
services and offerings to these entities with a primary role of
generating, qualifying, and closing new business for the
company.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a pipeline of new business contacts and opportunities
and conduct regular progress reviews with immediate
- Create account plans with detailed demand generation strategies
for states, cities, counties and educational institutions (Public
Entities) and a plan to grow existing relationships and expand to
grow new relationships.
- Introduce other NTT DATA executive leadership to existing
relationships and new contacts.
- Be intimate with the Public Entities budget processes,
specifically understanding budget that is earmarked for Information
Technology and bring opportunities forward and coordinate client
meetings based on findings.
- Work months in advance to understand upcoming Requests for
Proposals (RFPs), influence specific requirements where possible
for the benefit of NTT DATA and bring to the pursuit process far in
advance of the RFP issue date.
- Understand the different contracting vehicles available for all
the Public Entities and work to ensure NTT DATA is on each vehicle
where applicable. Promote these vehicles to prospects as a
potential method to procure services without necessarily going
through a formal RFP process.
- Develop a strong understanding of NTT DATA offerings for Public
Entities and promote these to the Public Entities. Also learn about
and establish relationships with other NTT Group entities and
jointly work together to identify and close new business.
- Support pursuit and proposal delivery teams throughout the
defined pursuit process as a team player, striving to assist the
team however needed to execute the overall pursuit process.
- Work closely with Delivery groups and Marketing to support
go-to-market plans and demand generation activities for vertical
- Work with vendor partners to jointly develop business
opportunities and close new business.
- Contribute to NTT DATA's knowledgebase of presentations,
proposals, etc. and share sales tools that are re-usable for
- Update and maintain a detailed funnel of opportunities in
Salesforceand provide status reports to ensure current visibility
of activities, highlighting areas requiring practice area support
and resource needs to meet sales objectives.
- Develops and executes goals and strategies within sales
- Own the strategic direction and executive leadership their
assigned territory or domainJob Level Specific Duties:
- Maintain a senior to expert level of knowledge about the State,
Local and Education Agencies in Alabama.
- Sells primarily complex managed services, full IT Outsourcing
solutions, application services and industry vertical
- Seek to be recognized as a thought leader on the industry, the
NTT DATA business model and competitors.
- Interface and successfully influence multiple C-level
executives within the customer organization.
- Sponsor and institutionalize new and innovative ways of working
in teams to meet customer needs/sales objectives.
- Be guided by brand and NTT DATA overall sales strategies.
- Model organizational and industry standards in achievement of
- Maintain contact at CEO, CIO, CTO, CISO, CTO, Executive
Director and other key decision makers.
- Sales Quota - $8MM TCVMinimum Experience:
- 7+ years of a strong understanding of Information Technology,
ideally how it applies to Public Entities for State, Local and
Education Agencies in Alabama
- 7+ years in a consultative selling role able to identify and
address client issues within SLED in Alabama
- 7+ years C-Level selling and relationship building experience
within SLED in AlabamaMinimum Education and Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and
- MBA or Graduate degree preferred.Other Skills:
- Advanced Public Entities industry and service solution
- Advanced understanding of customer's decision-making process,
goals, objectives and strategies.
- Advanced business and financial acumen.
- Advanced ability to assess potential sales opportunities and
develop value propositions.
- Advanced presentation and negotiation
skills.#LI-SGA#USSALESJOBSAbout NTT DATA ServicesNTT DATA Services
is a global business and IT services provider specializing in
digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of
consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process
services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to
85 % of the Fortune 100. NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity
employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race,
color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical
or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a
diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform
your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate
Keywords: NTT DATA, Inc., Montgomery , Sales Executive - (SLED) State, Local, Education - Alabama, Education / Teaching , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...