Company: The Risher Companies
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are seeking an energetic and professional individual with
experience in group fitness instruction who is also a reliable team
player who will motivate and educate residents while promoting a
healthy lifestyle and well-being. Must have open availability for
daytime and evenings.
- Develop positive relationships with class participants through
motivational instruction and education.
- Prepare and lead a fun, and effective group class based on the
- Create a welcome environment for all participants of every
- Monitor and connect to participants during class by leading
them in form, technique, modifications, breathing cues and
encouraging them to listen to their bodies and meet where they
- Assist class participants with correcting form, providing
alternative moves when needed, and helping participants remain
motivated to attain their personal goals.
- Clean and organize the group fitness space before and after
- Maintain a record of classes taught or subbed, including
- As needed, secure substitute instructors to cover regularly
scheduled classes or classes agreed to sub.
- Represent the Fitness Center in a professional manner, greeting
residents as they enter and leave class and encouraging new
residents to join.
- Maintain all current and correct certifications.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge of established Zumba program
curriculum according to standards
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles, general
understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies, the
incorporation of music, tempo, and cuing technique.
- Utilizing music, choreography, and voice projection to
dynamically motivate and lead clients in physical activity
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to
participants and modify movements to all fitness levels.
- Ability to be self-sufficient in handling job
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual
- Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated
External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
- Certified Personal Training Certificate or Group Fitness
- [recommended] Possess a Certified Zumba Fitness Instructor
and/or U-Jam certification
- [recommended] Ability to teach Aqua Zumba class formats
Keywords: The Risher Companies, Montgomery , Zumba Instructor, Education / Teaching , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...