Manufacturing Tooling Engineer
Company: The Bachrach Group
Posted on: June 24, 2022
SUMMARY/ OBJECTIVE The Tooling Engineer is a key factory member
responsible for the overall performance, design, development, and
maintenance of the plant's internal and external tooling. This
position is the overall owner of all the manufacturing tool and
fixture projects associated with the company.
- Manage daily activities associated with current and future tool
and fixture projects.
- Manage new product launches from a manufacturing standpoint to
include: drawings and component purchasing to support budgetary and
timing requirements for tools and fixtures.
- Support Projects such as scale-ups, tech transfers, new
equipment installations, operational improvements, and
industrialization of new products as it relates to tools and
fixtures.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESLead the process to
design, specify, quote, and mange tooling for both machining and
- Design/Lead cross-functional project teams consisting of both
internal and external team members.
- In collaboration with the manufacturing or engineer lead,
develop a comprehensive project timeline that not only includes
detailed tasks and key milestones, but also projects:
- Human resource and budgetary requirements
- Project risks and mitigation plans
- Manage, drive, and track project progress, identifying any
variances/risks to the project plan baselines and managing those
- Identify creative solutions to either minimize the time/cost to
deliver projects or keep projects on time/budget when unplanned
issues occur - all without compromise to quality/regulatory
- Prepare agendas and minutes for team meetings.
- Maintain decision, action, and risk logs, ensuring actions are
completed on time.
- Drive and promote effective communication and reporting
practices within the team.
- Prepare reports/slide decks for use with the team and
management to communicate status, achievements, challenges, and
variances to plan baselines, including summarization of available
options and preferred team option
- Manages the review, tracking, and payment of tooling related
invoices, while collaborating closely with purchasing and receiving
to insure closure.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and best practices of trade
and incorporates those best practices as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of special projects and/or programs as
and when business need requires.
- Ensure all tooling and fixtures comply with EHS and ergonomic
requirements; utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP)
principles to ensure that all tooling and fixturing processes are
implemented with the health and safety of the operators in
- Work with the Stock Room and tooling suppliers to ensure proper
and accurate inventories are maintained to support
improvements.QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrable track record of tool and fixture programs in a
low/high - volume discrete parts metal working environment.
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical resource (SMI) experience
with tool, fixture and poke-yoke design talents.
- Familiarity with NPI and PPAP a plus
- Cross functional team builder/player with high levels of
professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Tool and fixture design experience
- Experienced working all levels of organization (Design,
Manufacturing, Purchasing, etc---)Preferred:
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Keywords: The Bachrach Group, Montgomery , Manufacturing Tooling Engineer, Engineering , Troy, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!