MGH-Gen Maintenance Mechanic A
Company: Rheem Manufacturing
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (To perform within this position
successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)Perform
multi-craft tasks associated with in-plant maintenance.
- Read and interpret shop prints, schematics and electrical
- Work from written or verbal orders, including sketches or
- Locate the source of problems by observing mechanical devices
in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring
and testing instruments.
- Identify the tools, equipment, and skills used in industrial
plumbing, and pipefitting. Understand DC and AC principles and
components including motors, controllers, and PLC's.
- Install and test electrical wires, circuits, and equipment
using the correct equipment, materials, and procedures for safe
- Handle preventive maintenance and troubleshooting procedures
and schedule equipment downtime as required.
- Maintain parts and materials inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory levels, anticipated needed parts and materials,
requesting restocking and expediting orders, verifying the receipt
of parts and materials.
- Use required skills, equipment, and material to drill, weld,
and machine metal to make repairs.
- Identify, describe, remove, replace, install, and maintain
common types of bearings and seals.
- Enhance equipment performance by installing modifications,
making adjustments and recommending improvements.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and
supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and
environmental practices required by Company, federal and state
- Practice and support Rheem values with internal as well as
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, and reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to the TEAM effort by performing other duties as
required.Work EnvironmentMay be exposed to high noise levels and
almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust,
fumes, smoke, extreme temperatures, and potentially biohazardous
materials.Minimum EducationJob QualificationsHigh School
Diploma/GEDBackground/ExperienceMust have a minimum of 3-years
Industrial Maintenance work experience. Associate Degree in
Industrial Maintenance Technology preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical,
pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, and the procedures and processes
used to install or repair the equipment.
- Must understand and be able to use a personal computer equipped
with Microsoft Office and Maintenance software.
- Must be able to use and explain the use of various hand tools,
power tools and measuring devices such as: Calipers, Micrometers,
Multi-Meter, and standard Measuring instruments.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and associated lift
equipment.Physical DemandsConsiderable physical activity, frequent
lifting of up to 25 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 60 lbs.
Requires ability to work constantly in awkward and unsupported body
positions.Primary LocationUS-AL-MontgomeryWork LocationsRheem Water
Heating 2600 GPD - MGM (AL)JobManufacturing/Warehouse &
DivisionScheduleFull-timeShiftEvening JobEmployee StatusRegularJob
TypeStandardJob LevelEntry LevelTravelNoJob PostingJun 15, 2022,
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing, Montgomery , MGH-Gen Maintenance Mechanic A, Engineering , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!