Design Engineer I
Company: Rheem Manufacturing
Posted on: August 7, 2022
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives.
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water
heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just
the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a
more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires
a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills.
From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support
experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join
Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact
The Design Engineer I will originate and develop designs for a
secondary element, a minor functional system or component parts of
a structure or device. Apply for and obtain product listing with
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in
What You'll Do
- Develop both 3D solid models and 2D production drawings
- Design components of a major functional system
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems
and opportunities, documenting findings and performing
- Develop agency submittals and coordinate available
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with designers and
lab personnel on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of
data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability,
service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements.
- Evaluate and design products for ease of manufacturability, and
to meet cost and performance targets
- Assist in the start-up of new products.
- Coordinate with vendors on new or existing components.
- Apply physical chemical and or mathematical concepts to solve
design related problems, and the creation of new designs
- Lead small design projects
- Work within cross-functional teams. Job Qualifications
What You Need
- BS degree in engineering.
- 3+ years related job experience utilizing design
- Knowledge in gas combustion principles.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Strong communications skills (ability to speak before groups or
customers and or/employees).
- Ability to work with mathematic concepts such as probability
and statistical inference.
- Ability to work in a team environment (working with
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills (ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in
- Strong coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team
- History of regular and consistent attendance at work
- Occasional travel required
How To Stand Out
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in appliance design.
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards.
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solid modeling software.
- Experience in manufacturing processes engineering and
engineering computer systems.
- Experience in working with governing certification standards
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
- 3-5 years of related experience in design & manufacture of
- Bilingual Japanese
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY OFFERING WORKING SPONSORSHIPS FOR THIS
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will
be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly
reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited
resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become
the property of Rheem.
Rheem Water Heating 2600 GPD - MGM (AL)
Engineering & Science
Water Heater Division
Jul 13, 2022, 10:38:27 AM
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing, Montgomery , Design Engineer I, Engineering , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!