Mobile Technician II
Company: Penske Truck Leasing
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Mobile Technician II (Job Number: )
Exciting New Road Tech Program!
Penske Mobile Technician II will generally assist in the repair and
diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components at
the direction of the PFM Asset Supervisor. Expectations include the
ability to perform preventive
maintenance (PM) service and to diagnose and repair the following
with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric
Systems, Hydraulic/Air Brake systems, Heating/Air Conditioning
Systems, and Instruments and Gauges.
This position is managed by our corporate team, and the Mobile Tech
II will not work on equipment in a Penske facility.
This position will report our Montgomery, AL location. The working
schedule is Monday- Friday , First Shift with hours to be
Address: 2885 Selma Highway Montgomery, AL 36108
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of: Engines
(gas and diesel); Power train to include differentials,
transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends;
Electrical systems including starters and alternators; HVAC
systems; Steering systems; Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's,
sensors, etc.; Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches,
injectors, cooling system, etc.; Brake systems including ABS; and
Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of
equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Perform duties with little or no supervision in a timely and
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain on-site work area appearance, safety, and
- Comply with all Penske and Customer work requirements
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or
to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and
specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include
replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
- Order, receive, and charge out parts. Maintain control of parts
inventory, including cores, via cycle counts and proper inventory
- Serve as primary customer contact for day-to-day customer
needs, and escalate as required to sales/operations
- Manage tire and wheels, both on equipment via inspections and
in inventory. Follow Penske safety practices at all times.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification required,
willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- DOT medical card and/or ability to obtain DOT medical card
prior to commencing work.
- Ability to read a map.
- Ability to operate a 26,000 non-articulated vehicle safely and
- Ability to utilize mapping tools (e.g. Waze)
- Self starter who is able to work with minimal direct
- Basic computer skills required for data entry into maintenance
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up
to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus. Penske is an Equal Opportunity
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations
in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit to learn more.
Work Locations :
2855 Selma Highway
2855 Selma Highway
Montgomery, AL 36108
Primary Location : United States-Alabama-Montgomery
Job : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Technician
Keywords: Penske Truck Leasing, Montgomery , Mobile Technician II, Engineering , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...