Manager, Branch Operations I
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: September 16, 2020
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water,
sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United
States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the
company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to
provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Mains 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to
Lead the operation of a small volume distribution center in support
of company goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
strategic and operations planning for the DC, including financial
management, operational performance and analysis, planning and
execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management,
vendor management, and leadership, including performance
management. Provides input and feedback on all operations,
processes and results to the Regional Operations Manager. This
position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of
the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main
will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this
position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops a strategy that outlines the capacity planning
requirements, including facilities, equipment, and staff, to meet
the current and anticipated growth goals of the company. Maintains
documented procedures for work processes.
- Provides clear expectations on metrics and goals to all site
associates. Manages performance of DC management and associates and
recognizes, trains, coaches, counsels, and takes corrective action
- Manages dedicated delivery processes and carrier services.
Partners with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT
- Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics and profits
and losses to measure the performance of business.
- Maintains compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and
regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
- Manages fleet resources to meet daily customer service delivery
- Manages slotting and storage layout for optimum
- Ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment,
and inventory. Ensures compliance with processes and procedures to
maintain accurate inventory levels and prevent shrinkage.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+
years experience in related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- 5-10 years experience preferred specifically in DC
Keywords: Core and Main, Montgomery , Manager, Branch Operations I, Executive , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!