Assistant Manager - Benefits & Absence
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Job Number 22071267Job Category Finance & AccountingLocation
Marriott Business Services, 1965 Hawks Landing, Louisville,
Tennessee, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated Remotely?
YRelocation? NPosition Type ManagementJOB SUMMARYThe Assistant
Manager Benefits & Absence is a key contributor in the payroll
processing of Benefits and Absence Management.The Assistant Manager
will play a key role in ensuring the benefits and absence
transactions are reviewed, maintained, and functioning properly
within each payroll cycle. She/he will also play a key role in the
implementation of a new payroll element configuration as well as
testing of payroll transactions related to benefits and absence for
quarterly Oracle releases, new enhancements, and defects.EXPECTED
- Monitor, oversee and complete transactions for processing of
benefit and absence transactions of each payroll cycle. (weekly,
bi-weekly, Puerto Rico & USVI).
- Address Integration fallouts for benefits & absence
- Troubleshoot errors and identify trends
- Maintain Associate Absence Balances
- Monitor HR Transactions for Tracking of Global Transfers
- Complete Mass Data Loads & all transactions to update data
timely and accurately
- Report Issues immediately and assist with communication
- Provide Support to Payroll and Benefits Accounting for GL
reporting and account reconciliations.
- Work effectively with the Benefits and Absence Teams to ensure
an accurate and world class payroll environment.
- Supports the implementation of new units, elements
integrations, fast formulas, extensions, enhancements for
configuration and testing in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to the implementation of new business processes as
they need to be documented and rolled out to the payroll user
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business
needs.CANDIDATE PROFILEKey Talents and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in payroll.
- Knowledge of benefit and absence programs as related to the
- Knowledge of Oracle HCM preferred.
- Advanced analytic skills and experience working with large data
sets; high-level proficiency with Excel (vlookups and pivot
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a successful networker and
able to maintain effective relationships, both internally and
externally with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster
trust and influence key decisions.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management, both
orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively
comprehends information; creates an environment allowing timely
information flows throughout the organization.
- Responsive; able to integrate and balance priorities, work
activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions
and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure; able to assess,
plan and get the right priorities done, on time, at high quality
levels; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organization skillsEducation and Professional
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work
- CPP or HR Certification preferredLOCATION
- RemoteThis position requires proof of full vaccination against
COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to
applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement
must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation
request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal
opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and
sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to
non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and
veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable
law.Marriott International is the worlds largest hotel company,
with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates
to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
Keywords: Marriott, Montgomery , Assistant Manager - Benefits & Absence, Executive , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!