Company: Mariner Finance
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We are looking for a seasoned consumer finance professional to
be our next Branch Manager. If you are someone who is looking to
build meaningful relationships by leading a collaborative team
where goal achievement and providing superior customer service are
of the utmost importance, then Mariner Finance is the organization
for you. Apply to join our award-winning service team today!
Position: Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: All Branch Personnel
Reports To: District Manager
In This Role, You Will:
Be responsible for leading a team, running a profitable operation,
maintaining compliance and providing leadership in the branch.
Specific responsibilities include consistently achieving annual
growth goals, approving or denying loans consistent with credit
authority, reducing loss rates in the branch, and ensuring
compliance and implementation of policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
* Exercises lending authority when reviewing and approving
applications and uses product knowledge in offering loan solutions
that meet customer need.
* Manages the retention and maintenance of existing accounts,
including lending and collecting, to achieve branch sales and
* Consistently and regularly coaches branch staff by providing
actionable feedback in order to achieve branch goals, minimize
turnover, and create a positive branch environment.
* Prepares and submits reports reflecting branch activity and
growth as needed.
* Develops additional business by networking with local
establishments, such as retail and automobile businesses, and
building strong community relations.
* Implements internal branch auditing procedures, which properly
control all negotiable items and company records held within the
* Manages approval of exceptions to policy as authorized by
management based on the nature of exception, retention needs, and
related factors. Uses problem-solving skills to resolve product,
service, and policy-related obstacles for customer.
* Exercises authority to ensure policies and procedures are met
when monitoring/approving monthly expenses using annual business
* Promptly investigates and thoroughly works to resolve customer
and employee inquiries and complaints.
* Attracts high-quality and diverse talent, coordinates and
interviews prospective candidates, and makes recommendations to
management for vacancies.
* Participates in company meetings and professional development
activities to keep abreast of current trends and changing
environment to enhance competency.
* May perform additional functions depending on market demand and
branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer
* Minimum of three (3) years of related experience in the Consumer
Lending and/or Financial Services industry
* Two (2) years of successful supervisory experience, or recent
successful (within past three (3) years) completion of a lending
training program (e.g., Mariner's BMT program) or other closely
aligned course of study. Additional, applicable years of experience
may be substituted for supervisory experience.
* Bachelor's degree in a discipline such as Business, Accounting,
Finance, Administration, Economics; or military rank (e.g., E-4,
W1, or O1 and above). Additional, applicable years of experience
may be substituted for degree.
* Reliable transportation required.
* Effective communication (written & oral) and personal computer
* Ability to complete essential duties/functions in a timely,
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills in
* Must obtain applicable, required licenses to sell insurance
products that are offered to customers by the branch.
* Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit for extended periods; reach with hands and arms;
operate computer and phone systems; and talk or hear. The employee
is occasionally required to move about the branch. The employee is
required to be physically present in the office. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex,
gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, familial or
caregiver status, citizenship status, status as a victim of
domestic violence, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled
or Vietnam era veteran. Employee must be able to perform the
essential duties/functions of the position satisfactorily and, if
requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
employees with disabilities to perform the essential
duties/functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time of
Compensation: Salary (commensurate with experience) + Competitive
Benefits: Health (optional HSA with Employer Contributions),
Vision, Dental, Basic Life, PTO and 11 paid holidays, 401K +
company match, Paid Parental Leave
Mariner Finance, LLC - NMLS #166564
* Pay Type Salary
* 7044 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, AL 36117, USA
Keywords: Mariner Finance, Montgomery , Branch Manager, Executive , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!