Restaurant General Manager
Company: Church's Chicken - Corporate
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- The Church's Restaurant General Manger (RGM) is passionate
about providing our guests a high quality; value oriented dining
experience with friendly, quick, accurate service in a clean and
safe environment. The RGM is responsible and accountable for all of
the business activities in one restaurant location, specifically
- Provide a superior and memorable experience for all
- Achieve sales goals
- Control expenses to budget or better,
- Create a fun, high-energy environment where team members are
engaged in doing their jobs and
- encouraged to grow while delivering exceptional service.
- The Church's Restaurant General Manager direct reports usually
includes an Assistant Restaurant
- General Manager, Shift Leaders and Team Members. The number of
direct reports may vary by location
- based on total sales volume, sales and geographic location of
- Creates a fun, high-energy restaurant service environment that
exceeds guest expectations with regards to friendly, quick, and
accurate service. Builds team understanding and commitment to guest
- Communicates and follows-up with guests to obtain feedback and
identify service and food quality improvement opportunities.
- Assists and resolves all guest complaints in-person or by phone
at the restaurant. Apply the "thank, help, apologize, never argue,
kindness and service" (THANKS) model to all guest complaints.
- Ensures all incoming calls are handled in a prompt, courteous,
and professional manner.
- Directs and conducts regular training with team members.
- Provides regular feedback and coaching to all team members and
measures areas for improvement.
- Works with direct reports to cross-train and assist in the
development of new skills.
- Creates a work place where team members strive to do their
best, are rewarded for performance, and have fun.
- Ensures that federal, state and local laws, regulations, and
ordinances are practiced and enforced.
- Maintains a clean and safe restaurant for guests and team
- Responsible for budgets and makes adjustments as needed.
- Ensures compliance with labor laws.
- Understands, enforces and adheres to all company policies and
- Maintains restaurant inventory and ensures accessibility and
- Responsible for routine maintenance and repairs on all
- Prepares and analyzes operation reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Thinking - Defines and resolves a situation or problem by
analyzing issues involved, weighing options, and evaluating
alternatives; maintains objective attitude; approaches situations
and problems systematically; uses observation, experience,
reflection, and/or reasoning to drive business forward.
Influencing Others - Convinces and persuades others in either
positive or negative circumstances to accomplish goals and
objectives; responds to objections successfully; uses tact when
expressing ideas or opinions.
Initiative - Takes action proactively; addresses issues or
opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and
accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a
Innovative and Creative - Looks for ways to improve oneself, the
job, the project, the system, and the organization; challenges
conventional practices, generates new ideas to create novel
solutions to problems.
Managing Execution - Manages multiple projects and effectively
prioritizes tasks and goals; uses goals to guide actions and create
detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks;
utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
Negotiating - Presents issues or ideas in a clear and influential
manner; maintains an open-minded and non-judgmental attitude;
listens to others' views and empathizes.
Relationship Management - Initiates and develops relationships with
others; demonstrates credibility; confronts conflict quickly and
professionally; inspires confidence in others.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have (1 to 3) years of supervisory experience working in
the restaurant industry.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete all training and make a passing score on
all applicable tests.
- Must have access to a vehicle and have a valid driver's license
and proof of valid insurance.
- Must be able to work up to a 50- hour workweek. Must be
available to work a flexible shift including weekends.
- Knowledge of all restaurant policies, practices and operational
and human resources procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of labor cost reporting, operating
statements, and other business related reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements
- Ability to implement policies and procedures.
- Skilled in developing employees by coaching, counseling, and
building strong work habits.
- Continuously working to improve customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of recruiting and interviewing potential team
- Ability to supervise others.
- Manage conflict resolution.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment.
WITH GREAT CHICKEN COMES GREAT OPPORTUNITY. We're chicken
passionates serving chicken passionates. If you're hungry for a
career that's fun, fast-paced and loaded with opportunity, then
you've come to the right place. At Church's -, we're not your
typical quick service restaurant. We make real comfort food that
makes a difference in peoples' lives. And for over 65 years, our
restaurant has been a place where hardworking people can get ahead
and go on to do amazing things by serving others.
Keywords: Church's Chicken - Corporate, Montgomery , Restaurant General Manager, Executive , Selma, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!