Engineering Project Manager
Company: Goodwyn Mills Cawood, LLC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held
architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast. GMC is looking
for an -Engineering Project Manager -with at least eight years of
experience to join our team in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the firm's values and
standards for project delivery and client management.
- Expresses understanding of the industry standards and the
expectations of the client.
- Demonstrates the skills required for effective team
contributions to the firm's success including contributions to firm
standards and employee development. TECHNICAL
- Applies extensive diversified knowledge of principles and
practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, GIS, and Microsoft Office
Suite, with demonstrated skill application in each program.
- Assist with specific client development using technical
- Develops project scopes, budgets and schedules as
- Confirms accuracy of technical aspects of projects.
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination.
- Completes project documents with conformity and quality
- Recognizes and reports risk management concerns to Senior
Project Manager as appropriate.
- Completes Project Closeout procedure. PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- CLIENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Manage client satisfaction for assigned clients or
- Assist with the development of projects from marketing and
contract negotiation through development of scope and contract
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive
experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Prepares proposals and supporting reports to provide
professional services or obtain funding for projects or
- TEAM ORIENTATION
- Work across disciplines and office locations to fully utilize
firm experiential knowledge.
- Help to incorporate complex design concepts into a functional
project based on the Project Manager's design concept to that
- Delegate project assignments to and assist with technical
development of lesser experienced engineers.
- Coordinates preparation of contract documents, reports,
amendments, change orders and project modifications as project
- COMPANY PERSPECTIVE
- Represent the firm in all aspects of projects and assignments
to prospective employees, clients, and the communities we
- Reinforce GMC standards and Core Values to others.
- Coordinate the work of peer team members on multiple
- Collaborate with sub-consultants and other project team
- Receives guidance relating to overall objectives, critical
issues, new concepts and policy matters; also receives direction on
unusual conditions and developments.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Collaborates in development of new techniques and/or improved
processes, materials or products.
- Actively participate in GMC committees of personal
- Supports all aspects of project management - development,
design, bidding, construction and closeout.
- Uphold project delivery standards including technical,
procedural and CAD.
- Encourage participation and remain proactive in the Personal
Development Plan process and program.
- Hold membership in local professional society.
- Participate in community service activities and understand
implications of involvement. QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 8 years
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of
technical and contemporary issues
- LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Professional Engineer Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veterans About GMC We believe in community,
collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to
make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and
other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe
streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride
in serving our communities through the transformative work we do.
Every project is guided by the foundational concept that
communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to
serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care.
One of the Southeast's most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms,
GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with
architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental
services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation
engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering,
surveying and disaster recovery.
Keywords: Goodwyn Mills Cawood, LLC, Montgomery , Engineering Project Manager, Executive , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...