Company: Shoe Carnival
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Ability to believe in our customer centered culture to deliver a
superior customer service experience.
The Store Manager position assists the General Manager (GM) with
the daily operations of the store and carries store keys to perform
opening and closing responsibilities.
- Partners with the GM to ensure the overall financial results of
the store, to include meeting/exceeding sales and profit
- Holds responsibility for all monthly and quarterly store
reporting and has direct access to store-level financial and
personnel budgets and reports.
- Partners with the GM with adherence to all HR policies and
procedures, including accurate timecards for all store personnel
and the timely administration of all levels of Progressive
- Participates in the interviewing and onboarding of new hires,
including the completion of the I-9 Form and verification.
- Participates in managing the overall store operations according
to Shoe Carnival merchandising, operational, and visual
- Demonstrates Total Customer Service Standards and resolves
customer issues and complaints timely and professionally.
- Trains and develops associates for growth in a manner that
increases sales, ensures customer satisfaction, and maintains
- Identifies any safety concerns and follows Loss Prevention
guidelines to deter theft.
- Ensures compliance of all cash handling procedures, performs
safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements.
- Partners with the GM in project decisions and delegation of
daily tasks by ensuring associate productivity, coordinating
schedules, and providing conflict resolution.
- Empowered to delegate and assign necessary tasks to Associates
and Assistant Store Managers (ASM) as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Successful completion of Key Carrier Certification exam within
60 days of hire or prior to promotion required.
- Successful completion of General Manager Certification exam
within 18 months of hire/promotion required.
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
- Self-starter and ability to motivate, coach, and use judgement
in executing tasks and maximizing use of time and talents of
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to execute the concept by understanding and applying
- Ability to train and mentor associates to ensure company
standards and processes are met.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and convey a positive
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends,
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible
associates highly competitive benefits, including the
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Time)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Disability, and Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
- Relocation Opportunities
Keywords: Shoe Carnival, Montgomery , Store Manager, Executive , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...