Physician / Family Practice / Alabama / Permanent / Family Medicine Ph
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: December 3, 2019
MD/DO - Family Medicine Physician
Welcome to the Happiest City...
The Community - Montgomery, AL
Montgomery, the capital of Alabama, is the county seat of
Montgomery County and is known as the Capital of Dreams. Named for
Richard Montgomery, it is located on the Alabama River, in the Gulf
Coastal Plain. It is the second largest city in Alabama, after
Birmingham, and the 103rd largest in the US as of the 2010 Census.
Montgomery has won several national awards including being voted
Best Historic City by USA Today, being named an All-America City in
2014 by the National Civic League, and being named the happiest
city in Alabama. Montgomery has also been recognized nationally for
its successful and ongoing downtown revitalization and new urbanism
projects with Montgomery having been one of the first cities in the
nation to implement Smart Code Zoning. In addition to housing many
Alabama government agencies, public and private universities,
high-tech manufacturing and cultural attractions, Montgomery has a
large military presence due to Maxwell Air Force Base.
Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System (CAVHCS) locations:
Fort Rucker, AL
Requirements (duties include, but are not limited to)
- Primary Care Physician services to be performed include:
completing notes, answering alerts, completing and closing daily
- Outpatient/Primary Care. Evaluation of new and returning
outpatients as assigned for the CAVHCS, Montgomery, AL.
- Patient care: approximately 8-15 outpatients per day, per
location- hour allotted for follow-up and 1 hour for new patients
during regular work week schedule.
- Patient medical history and physical exams appropriate to the
care setting and documented in accordance with CAVHCS Medical Staff
- Preventive health
- Refers patient to other specialty care as required
- Prescribing Medications: The physicians shall be responsible
for prescribing medications as needed, and shall be required to
utilize the VA formulary. The physician will be required to have
DEA License number for prescribing Class II and Class III
controlled substances. Medication reconciliation shall be completed
during each patient encounter in the Clinic.
- Order labs, x-rays and other pertinent tests
- Initial screening of patients to determine eligibility
- Furnish technical and/or professional support for resident and
physicians employed by the VA.
- Findings from an assessment or a reassessment shall be clearly
documented in the medical record, which is used by all members of
the interdisciplinary care team in care planning and treatment.
Assessment for invasive procedures shall include all elements as
explicitly outlined in CAVHCS Medical Staff Bylaws and applicable
policies. All required documentation shall be fully completed
within CAVHCS required timeframes.
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, treatment, and
overall medical management for eligible Veterans evaluated and
treated within the clinic. Appropriate referral transfer of the
Veteran shall be arranged by the Contractor for care that cannot be
delivered in CAVHCS clinical setting.
- The physician(s) ensures that medical record documentation
contains the minimum information in congruence with the Health Care
Financing Administration/ Medicare guidelines, supporting patient
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Doctor (MD) or
Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) program.
- Must have completed an acceptable Family Medicine
- Must be board certified or eligible by the American Board of
Family Medicine (ABFM) or American Osteopathic Board of Family
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience as a Primary
Care Physician or recent completion of an acceptable
- Must have and maintain a current, unrestricted license to
practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the
United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must have and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Montgomery , Physician / Family Practice / Alabama / Permanent / Family Medicine Ph, Healthcare , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!