(RN) Registered Nurse (BREAST HEALTH NAVIGATOR)
Company: Williamson Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just
another number. To us, they're family. They're smart, talented,
compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We're
certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from
the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so
must we. That's why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a
To coordinate, implement, and plan nursing care to persons with
breast health concerns, including the promotion of breast health in
a timely and accurate manner. -
Formal Education / Training:
1. -Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
2. -Earned a nursing diploma or degree form a college or
3. -Breast Health Navigation certification (within a one-year
period of employment.
Coordination of Patient Care Delivery for Breast Health
Equipment and Skills Training:
Standard patient care equipment for services provided. -The ability
to work well under pressure, to function dependently and
independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing
knowledge to a variety of setting. -Equipment: -Network Computer
System, Fax Machine, -
An Oncology/medical/surgical unit whose patient population ranges
from pediatric through geriatric.
1. -Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
2. -Able to stand/work for up to eight hours a day.
3. -Ability to travel when needed to area Breast Cancer
3. -Able to lift with assistance up to 50 lbs.
1. Plans, develops, and oversees the day-to-day clinical navigation
activities for the Breast Health Clinic
2. Initiate contact with patient and introduce navigation program
and role at time of suspicious finding and provide support to
navigate the healthcare system.
3. Be available to patients and families throughout their care as
an open, knowledgeable and empathetic contact for all care
4. Identify health disparities and remove barriers to care e.g.
referral pathway barriers
5. Ensure the organization of appointments, and explain the
sequence of treatment to assure the treatment plans.
6. Initiate referrals to hospital and community resources to
connect patients with resources and support systems.
7. Conduct outreach to referrers, providers and other medical
professionals as well as to the corporate 'customer' community
8. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key
internal and external customers (including e.g. physicians, nurses,
radiology staff, social services staff, radiation oncology staff,
business office staff, etc.).
9. Provide referrers with timely data on patient progress.
10. Streamline appointments and paperwork by helping patients with
scheduling appointments and preparation.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Williamson Medical Center, Montgomery , (RN) Registered Nurse (BREAST HEALTH NAVIGATOR), Healthcare , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!