Respiratory Therapist - PRN
Company: Noland Health Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Summary of Duties
Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients
with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system,
under supervision of physician and by prescription.
Essential Job Functions
* Organizes work schedule and schedules respiratory care for
inpatients as ordered.
* Takes verbal orders from physicians regarding respiratory therapy
* Consults with physician in event of adverse reactions.
* Delivers CPT and breathing exercises.
* Performs sputum induction, NT suction, endotracheal suction,
tracheostomy care, and monitors patients on continuous ventilation
as prescribed by physician's orders according to established
* Performs pre and post analytical phases of the I-STAT blood gas
* Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews
patient information to assess patient condition and determine
requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy,
and medication and dosages.
* Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants,
precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed
that will be compatible with physician's orders.
* Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators,
therapeutic gas administration per apparatus, environmental control
systems, and aerosol generators.
* Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment,
such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and
to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
* Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as
vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
* Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain
optimum results to therapy.
* Inspects, tests, and cleans respiratory therapy equipment to
ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
* Orders repairs when needed.
* Maintains proper working order of I-STAT machine by performing QC
as required and reporting all errors or failures to supervisor.
* Acts in conjunction with supervisors to provide technical and
clinical consultation to physicians, nurses, students, and
Respiratory Therapy staff.
* Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other
health care personnel.
* Documents in patient's medical record pertinent identification
and therapy information.
* Assists in transport of critically ill patients for diagnostic
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory
Therapist Program and CRT/RRT credentialed by the National Board of
Respiratory Care. Must have current Alabama Respiratory Therapy
Minimum of two (2) years experience preferred.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions
* Must be able to transport and/or lift an object intermittently
throughout the work day up to a maximum of 20 pounds.
* Must be able to walk, stand, and work for extended periods of
time without relief.
* Must possess dexterity of arms, hands, and fingers
* Must be able to work with hands for up to 12 hours a day.
* Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 200 pounds.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so the requirements of
this position can be fully met.
Keywords: Noland Health Services, Montgomery , Respiratory Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!