Physical Therapist (Full-time - PT) - Opp Nursing Home
Company: Restore Therapy Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
$20,000 Sign On BonusDescriptionGENERAL PURPOSE:To ensure the
highest degree of quality care is maintained while providing
therapy services to the patients and supervising the therapy
assistant(s) in the performance of therapy services, in accordance
with current federal, state, local standards, guidelines and
regulations.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a
physician's written plan of care. This may include, but not limited
- Assessing and evaluation therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional
status, and participation in the development of the total plan of
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, range of motion
- Directing physical therapy treatment
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and
care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or
changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy and instructs other personnel and/or
family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with
which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as
to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by
participating in case conferences.
- May train in the use of prosthetic device.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on
the attainment of goals as directed by the Company policy.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved
in the patient's care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
- Attends and contributes to in services, case conferences, and
other meetings as required by the Company's policy to ensure
coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs and refer as
- Instructs patient's family/caregiver and other Company
personnel in patient's treatment regime when indicated and
- Supervises physical therapy assistants according to Company
policy and state regulations.
- Adhere to all of the Company's policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or Master's program in
physical therapy accredited by the American Physical Therapy
- Hold a valid and current license to practice physical therapy
in state employed.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a physical
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
- Familiarity with general use and functions of the computer,
including starting programs, using files, apps and navigating
screens. Use of internet, e-mail, and understanding confidentiality
of user names and passwords. Experience with Apple iPads and iPods
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
working order. Some travel may be required.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this
position with or without accommodation
- If applying for an Outpatient position, you must possess an
active AHA (American Heart Association) CPR certification.
Thank you for considering Restore Therapy Services as a prospective
employer. We are one of the nation's largest providers of
innovative rehabilitative therapies and wellness-based programs to
senior populations.Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Free CEUs
Location: Restore Professionals Company, LLC - Therapy Services
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Restore Therapy Services, Montgomery , Physical Therapist (Full-time - PT) - Opp Nursing Home, Healthcare , Opp, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!