Licensed Practical Nurse near Birmingham
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a night shift
Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team of healthcare
professionals at St. Clair Correctional Facility in Springville,
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
* Annual review with performance increase
* Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
* Paid holidays
* Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Dental and Vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement saving plans
* Company-paid short-term disability
* Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting in
the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the
clinical supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and guides
patient teaching activities commensurate with education and
* Under the clinical guidance of a Registered Nurse, assists in the
assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of
patients in the health care unit and as necessary in the housing
units. Assist in planning and implementing individual treatment
programs in the health care unit and housing unit by utilizing
available resources and consulting with registered nurses,
physicians and correctional officers.
* Implement medical plan through administering medications and
intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
* Document nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness,
complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory
personnel and physicians in accordance with physician's orders.
* Assist in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
* Serve as a member of a nursing care and treatment team and assist
physician as assigned.
* Use available in-house resource personnel and departments for
* Implement clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
* Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
* Apply and change dressings.
* Provide for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
* Assist with activities of daily living with special attention to
* Supervise inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation
of the environment.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current Alabama Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Keywords: Wexford Health, Montgomery , Licensed Practical Nurse near Birmingham, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!