Company: James Hardie
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Shift Supervisor manages the daily operation of line(s) in a
high speed, high volume manufacturing environment. The incumbent
develops and implements activities in area(s) to meet safety,
quality, and production design goals in addition to cost objectives
and promotes a strong team atmosphere. As a member of the
respective department, the Shift Supervisor reports to the
- Leads and supports the plant safety programs
- Verifies conformance of material being produced to meet or
exceed the 98% first pass quality standard by:
- Understands the waste, speed, and delay design for each
machine, then meets or exceeds design by:
- Creates an environment that promotes teamwork and
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Shift Supervisor makes decisions regarding safety, quality,
cost, people and production under the direction of the Production
Manager. The incumbent revises production schedules and priorities
as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
The Shift Supervisor supervises a crew of up to 16 employees in a
continuous manufacturing environment by planning and assigning
work, implementing policies and procedures, and recommending
improvements in production methods, equipment, operating
procedures, and working conditions.
Scope Of Position
The Shift Supervisor improves the working conditions in safety,
quality, production, and cost to increase subordinates skills and
capabilities through effective management of the operator skill
based system (SBS). The incumbent prepares activity plans for the
above and discusses them with the Department Manager on an ongoing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve
problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and
make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
(bilingual in Spanish a plus).
- Knowledge of Six Sigma
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with the standard features of
various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software
(Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time
span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to measure an employee's performance to
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, employee relations, quality, productivity and cost.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize
workload while paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong team player.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred).
- 2 or more years in a supervisor role in a high speed
manufacturing environment to include, interviewing, performance
management, discipline, training, and development.
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things,
or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment
Opportunity is the law.
Keywords: James Hardie, Montgomery , Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Prattville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!