Company: Southeastern Grocers
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and
fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences.
As a -, we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves.
Read our -. -Job Title: Cashier Associate Location: Retail Grocery
Location Position OverviewThe cashier associate is responsible for
increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing accurate,
fast and courteous customer checkout. This individual maintains
financial responsibility in his/her service lane.Primary
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist
and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly
- Listen to and appropriately escalate customer concerns to
management with a positive attitude.
- Manage lane according to service standards.
- Inform customers of specials and promotions as requested by
company or store management
- Properly record sales through the scanning system; operate
cashiering equipment accurately and efficiently recognizing all
forms of tender and providing the correct change when
- Stock front end products; restock and use supply items
efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply
- Put up discarded or returned merchandise.
- Return carts to shopping cart corral.
- Assist in training new cashiers.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards;
report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is
illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Meet legal and company policy age requirements to perform job
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to
obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and
- High standard of integrity and reliability. Required Behaviors
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company
demonstrating a commitment to the company's goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of
success with immediate feedback to build an environment of
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the
customer comes first--- always by putting the customer's needs
above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with
respect and dignity. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Environmental and Physical DemandsPhysical RequirementsOccasionally
- 1-33%Frequently - 34-66%Regulary - 67-100%Physical demandsWhile
performing the essential functions of this position, the employee
is regularly required to stand or walk on tile or concrete, use
hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or
controls, talk, see, hear, smell and perform repetitive movements
with both hands and/or both feet. The employee is frequently
required to carry, push, or lift up to 100 lbs and pull up to 150
lbs. The employee is occasionally required to sit, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, reach at waist level or overhead, and climb
up to 10 ft.Working ConditionsWhile performing the essential
functions of this position, the employee may be exposed to working
in indoor, outdoor, cold, heated, and wet/humid working
conditions.Safety Risk FactorsThe employee is frequently required
to twist back and/or neck, walk on a slippery or cluttered floor
surface, work with hazardous equipment and be exposed to sharp
objects. The employee is occasionally required to be exposed to
loud noise, skin irritants, nuisance dust, fumes and sprays,
hazardous cleaning solutions and other toxins.SchedulesThe employee
is required to work varied schedules.Machines, Tools, Equipment,
etc.While performing the essential functions of this position, the
employee will be required to utilize a scanner, scale, terminal,
coupon dispenser, conveyor belt, bagging supplies, shopping carts
and cleaning supplies and equipment. - -
Keywords: Southeastern Grocers, Montgomery , Pharmacy Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Wetumpka, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!