Food Service Worker
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Substitute Food Service Worker, AndalusiaNutrition and food
service workers are essential to local schools and student
learning. Start a great job that allows you to give kids a healthy
start to their day!Why become a substitute food service worker?
- Ensure kids receive nutritious meals to help them move, think,
- Feel good about the work you do, and service you provide, to
kids in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term
substitute positions available.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and work-life balance.
Responsibilities:In the absence of a full-time food service worker,
the Kelly Education substitute food service worker assists in
providing food service preparation and services to students, along
with other related kitchen duties, under the direction and
supervision of the school district's full-time professional staff.
- Assist with prep work and cooking of nutritionally balanced
- Properly weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Carry pots, pans, utensils, and trays of food to and from
workstations, stove, and refrigerator, in accordance with school
district safety standards.
- Follow all proper food safety and storage rules.
- Operate all mechanical kitchen equipment correctly and
- Clean work areas, equipment, and utensils, and follow all
established sanitation procedures.
- Serve students in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the
Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Assist with money and meal accountability.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedures as determined by the
school district personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required. Minimum requirements:
- Some High School Course Work
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with
school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and
lifting up to 25 lbs. Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute food
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you
understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations *Offered and
administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored
by Kelly.Next steps:
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you'll receive a response
to your application within 48-72 hours.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute
food service worker? We're always looking for new people to join
us! Our commitment to you:Kelly - Education is committed to our
substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education
operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district
administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately
protected by school district policies and procedures.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Montgomery , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Andalusia, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!