Senior Software Engineer, Security
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we
make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays
available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither
shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by
the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all
over the world, Mozilla Corporation's staff designs, builds, and
distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on
their own terms. Our flagship product - the Firefox browser - has
expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts
them of risks.
- The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the planning,
architecture, and delivery of major full stack software security
projects within addons.mozilla.org ("AMO").
- We're looking for a passionate and creative individual to join
a distributed team of talented and diverse engineers working to
maintain, secure and grow our add-ons ecosystem.
What You'll Get To Do
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components
of the Firefox add-ons ecosystem with a focus on security, taking
responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over
- Play a key role in improving our software architecture with the
goal of increasing quality and maintainability over time.
- You will collaborate with people across Product, UX, Design,
Engineering, QA, Localization, Ops, and Support teams to build and
maintain core features.
- Step up to resolve product issues that impact our users - large
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and track defects
as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering,
mathematics, or a related program; or equivalent work
- 4+ years of software engineering experience using Python and
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions
and communicate them clearly.
- Good knowledge of security analysis and threat modeling.
- Comfortable exploring solutions to complex problems and working
collaboratively to pave the way forward in new problem spaces.
- Passionate about security and privacy.
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You don't need to check every box on
this list to apply.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team
- Experience with front-end web application development (CSS,
HTML, DOM and related).
- Experience with spam prevention or malware detection
- The ability to mentor and inspire junior developers.
- Previous experience working in open source.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource
accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better
than closed and controlled.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and
forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core
mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members
of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not
limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions,
and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as
appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion
(including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy,
ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation,
age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status,
citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose. See our
community participation guidelines for more information.
Keywords: Mozilla, Montgomery , Senior Software Engineer, Security, IT / Software / Systems , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!