Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Title: Application Developer (Mainframe)
Location: Montgomery, AL
Duration: 6+ Months contract
- This is professional programming and analysis work with the
Department of Human Resources, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program (SNAP); the candidate is responsible for systems analysis,
design, development, quality assurance and integration.
- Must be able to translate technical Impact documents into
desired coding/application programming. Must analyze and understand
existing products and their implementation to determine best method
to add and/or change features and functionality.
- Must produce deliverables related to the project(s) assigned
and assist in post implementation support and system
- Must be able to extensively test and debug programming code so
that systems applications operate substantially error free.
- Must learn the SNAP Mainframe system and DB2 database structure
to facilitate analysis and programming requirements.
- Must provide development status updates to management on a
- Experience in all areas of the systems development life cycle
Strong knowledge and use of COBOL, CICS, and SQL or DB2
- Good understanding of mainframe processing Possess strong data
analysis skills Be able to modify or develop Mainframe logic to
create expectant results
- Must be able to implement and document software solutions used
in programming Ability to work on time critical projects
- 5+ years of experience in computer programming utilizing
Mainframe technology to manipulate databases or files.
- 2+ years of experience in system analysis and designing
- Bachelor's degree in related field in computer science or
Keywords: TalentBurst, Montgomery , Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...