Systems Administrator III (Linux)
Company: Hyundai AutoEver America
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) is a subsidiary of Hyundai and Kia Motor companies specializing in IT services. HAEA (formerly HISNA) was formed 13 years ago and is committed to providing world-class technology services to its clients (of Hyundai and Kia Motor companies) throughout North America. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Job Summary:The Senior Linux Administrator will be a very hands-on, senior member of the Hyundai AutoEver America - Auto Manufacturing (HAEA-AM) Integrated Data Center (IDC) support team responsible for maintaining a multi-tenant Data Center: Unix and Linux systems, to include HA cluster environment. Backups, Disk/Tape Library, and some SAN could be secondary responsibility.In consultation with the IDC Manager, the Senior IT Engineer will contribute to the efficient allocation of IT hardware and software resources, maintain business applications, and ensure the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources for all IDC tenants' Unix and Linux environments.Using effective communication, technical, and analytical skills the Senior Unix Administrator will manage systems to resolve operational issues, and ensure proper Change Management procedures are followed. In keeping with Hyundai AutoEver America's values and competencies, the Administrator will develop and maintain positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external to the HAEA-AM IDC. Job Responsibilities:Support the organization's day-to-day operations and perform:
- Operational support and guidance to internal clients;
- Supporting UNIX/Linux servers;
- Preparing technical deployment plans and system utilization reports;
- Working with other technical staff to coordinate implementation activities;
- Building, implementing and recommending new technology; follow and document procedures related to systems administration of the UNIX and Linux environment;
- Responding, tracking, and escalating systems incident on all UNIX systems; perform system patch deployments and hardware maintenance; perform application upgrades and patches;
- Monitoring and resolving alerts;
- Following change management and configuration management procedures and guidelines;
- Monitoring system security;
- Installing and maintaining various HP, Oracle/Solaris and IBM equipment;
- Performing system administration duties such as installations, configurations, troubleshooting, kernel tuning, user access administration, file system tuning, hardware configuration, system performance tuning, disk management, custom package creation, shell scripting, and fine grain access control;
- Patching the UNIX/Linux systems bi-annually;
- Following industry standards and guidelines related to the configuration of UNIX/Linux operating systems; document detailed technical configurations and risk areas to better communicate with business owners;
- Performing special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties as directed:
- Ensure daily checklists, upgrades, patching, failover testing, disaster recovery preparation/exercises, and ticketing system management are completed on a routine basis.
- Develop, test, plan, and implement new projects/solutions as required.
- Ensure successful backups of critical systems and test restore capability annually.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), designs, instruction manuals, etc as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in proactively communications with HAEA HQ, HAE HQ, and HMG communities.
- Perform routine security assessments and audits for responsible systems. Required Skills, Attributes & Education:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Preferred industry certification(s)
- Knowledge of UNIX and Linux systems, and usage of connectivity with HBA devices
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Cisco MDS and Brocade switches
- VERITAS Enterprise Backup Software
- EMC VNX and VMAX, EMC Time Finder and SRDF
- Hitachi VSP, Hitachi Device Manager, Hitachi Replication Manager
- Symantec and Oracle utilities DB backups
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Able to operate within customer standard operating procedures Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package; including 401K, healthcare, long term and short term disability, educational reimbursement, discounts on Hyundai and Kia automobiles, flexible spending accounts and much more.Qualified candidates please apply by emailing your resume along with salary requirements to - provided by Dice UNIX and Linux systems, Cisco MDS and Brocade switches, VERITAS Enterprise Backup Software, EMC VNX and VMAX, EMC Time Finder and SRDF, Hitachi VSP, Hitachi Device Manager, Hitachi Replication Manager
Keywords: Hyundai AutoEver America, Montgomery, Systems Administrator III (Linux), IT / Software / Systems, Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!