Unix/Linux System Administrator
Company: Exeter Government Services
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Analyze and evaluate major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system. Reviews user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide basic systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for UNIX/Linux based systems. Coordinates basic UNIX system administration and operational support (e.g., hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, security, storage management, backup/restore and disaster recovery). Assists in testing, operational support, monitoring, capacity planning, and troubleshooting to maintain system normalcy. Evaluating, installing, monitoring and maintaining application status, health, and performance. Applying operating system and security patches as required.
* Strong UNIX server administration (RHEL, Solaris)
* In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies
* Extremely strong troubleshooting skills
* Self-starter, motivated, organized, and detail oriented
* Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
* Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment
* Experience with enterprise management tools (BMC Remedy, Bladelogic, VMware vSphere, etc)
* Experience in writing scripts (PERL, regular expressions, etc)
* Familiarity with DISA STIG requirements is a plus.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
* Current Security+ CE
* OS Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment
Must have a minimum ACTIVE Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Top Secret Clearance.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
* Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
Office environment. Shift work with shift TBD.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
Keywords: Exeter Government Services, Montgomery , Unix/Linux System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!