Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Company: Technica Corporation
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Montgomery Alabama - US (Primary)
Technica currently seeking qualified Senior Linux Systems
Administrator candidates to support an Air Force Customer in
Montgomery Alabama. This position will require the ability to
effectively work alongside software developers, testers, operations
specialists throughout the full lifecycle development of hardware
and projects. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and
* Managing and maintaining secure, minimally-interrupted operations
of Linux servers and virtualized environments.
* Supporting bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinating actions
with peer system administrators, network administrators, security
teams, software teams and Operations; devising, recommending, and
implementing performance enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and
* Installing, hardening and patching Linux operating systems.
* Working in a command-line environment
* Creating/modifying shell scripts (ex: bash, perl, python)
* Partition disks, create logical volumes, create/mount Linux
* Create and manage user accounts in a Linux environment
* Query LDAP/DNS services for information and troubleshooting
purposes in a Linux environment.
* Troubleshooting end-user issues.
* Developing and documenting technical procedures.
* Install and configure COTS software
* Interacting with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to
maintain required security controls and configuration
* Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as
requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
* Independently learn and apply new technologies as appropriate,
while coordinating actions with the team as required.
* Build complex VMware environments and experience with ESXi,
vSphere , Horizon View, vMotion, vCenter and VDI's.
* Configure and maintain SANs for use in virtual environments.
* Providing on-call Ops support as needed
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Communications
Engineering, Information Systems Management, or 6 years of
applicable experience in lieu of the degree
* Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication
* NAS storage device administration
* DNS Administration
* Solid Understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to
include commonly-used RAID-levels
* RedHat Satellite Server v5/6 configuration/usage experience
* Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities to
include hardening RedHat systems in accordance with RMF and
* Identity Management (Single Sign-on) experience
* VMWare ESXi (6.x+) configuration and management experience
* Experience implementing/configuring Linux software based firewall
* Ability to create custom RPM packages for RedHat platforms.
* Windows (7,10, Server 2008, Server 2012) administration
* Windows GPO experience
* Windows Active Directory management experience
0 - 10%
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional
professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet
or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide
range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems
Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development
to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area,
we provide technological subject matter expertise, program
management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in
support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to
color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of
the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working
conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity
throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee
harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is
prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Technica Corporation, Montgomery , Senior Linux Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!