Principal Cyber Systems Administrator - Windows Server Administration
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Imagine being on a team that helps defend our nation's cyber
infrastructure. Imagine working with cutting-edge technology on a
daily basis. Imagine leaving work at the end of the day, knowing
that you made a difference in our nation's cyber security. Make it
a reality by joining Northrop Grumman's cyber team!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a WindowsCyber Systems
Administratorto join our team inMontgomery, AL. This position will
support large computing systems and state of the art solutions to a
wide range of technical problems for classified programs and
projects supporting the Department of Defense (DoD). The Systems
Administrator will design, install, configure, secure, troubleshoot
and maintain operating systems for mission critical servers in
support of classified DoD programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Core Server Infrastructure.
- Will use knowledge of building, configuring, and securing
Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Utilize and manage Microsoft Active Directory.
- Support servers in a virtualized server environment.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations,
monitoring and problem resolution for all of the
client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Work with a team of Service desk and systems Administrators.
May be called upon to assist with Service desk issues.
- Utilize Remedy ticketing system for trouble management
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status
to DoD agencies and internal customers.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and
perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Research and recommend/assist in improving system
- Must be able to communicate effectively with remote
This is a 24/7/365 environment. The chosen candidate must have the
ability to work nights or weekends as needed for on-call emergency
outages. The selected candidate must have and maintain a DoD 8570
IAT Level 2 or higher certification prior to starting. For a list
of qualified certifications, please
- Bachelor's Degree plus six (6) years of relevant IT
administration experience; OR a Master's degree plus four (4) years
of relevant IT administration experience; OR an Associate's degree
plus eight (8) years of relevant IT administration experience; OR
10 years of relevant IT administration experience in lieu of a
- Experience with Windows Servers.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with VMware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
technical writing ability.
- Ability to work nights or weekends as needed for on-call
- Current, active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance or
- Must have a current, or must obtain prior to starting, a DoD
8570 IAT Level 2 or higher certification.
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016 Servers.
- Experience with Active Directory DNS and GPOs
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation
- Knowledge of Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions(ACAS)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Montgomery , Principal Cyber Systems Administrator - Windows Server Administration, IT / Software / Systems , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!