Loan Collateral Specialist
Company: Hancock Whitney
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Responsibility: Processes the following for Wholesale Line of
Paid out processing and requests for Whitney Bank and Hancock Bank
and in all five states (MS, LA, AL, FL, TX). Reviews, researches
and verifies all collateral (real estate and non-real estate
secured) and obtains the lender s approval before if required
before releasing. Reviews, researches and verifies all negotiable
collateral prior to releasing. Processes and prepares
subordinations and partial releases.
Responsible for sending Lien Perfection documents to secure Bank s
collateral timely and accurately. Coordinates with the local and
state governments to ensure all recordings are filed in the
appropriate county or parish of record based on the collateral
pledged to the Bank s loan in all five states.
Reviews documents for accuracy and completeness before sending to
recording agencies (department of motor vehicle or counties or
parishes) for vehicle titling and mortgage recordings for all five
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal,
state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations
including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
* Responsible for processing Wholesale Line of Business paid outs
for five states (MS, LA, AL, FL, TX) specifically high dollar
* Understanding of Wholesale Line of Business loan transactions
secured by real estate (multi collateral high dollar loans)
* Processes special instructions from the Lender (Lender Approval
* Processes subordinations and partial release requests after
* Reviews daily paid out collateral to determine receipt officer
approval on required collateral.
* Verify review and research has been performed to determine
accuracy of collateral released.
* Reviews negotiable collateral to perfect liens daily.
* Responsible for ensuring that all stocks, bonds, investments,
annuities or life insurance assignments forms are housed and
secured daily in collateral vault.
* Responsible for ensuring that all stocks, bonds, investments,
annuities or life insurance assignments liens are perfected by
working expired collateral report.
* Maintains and monitors negotiable collateral dual control
* Calculates and re-prices loans pledged by Certificate of
* Review paid out negotiable collateral to determine accuracy and
officer approvals before releasing daily.
* Monitors released negotiable collateral to ensure delivery to
lender, branch or customer as applicable
* Print paid reports (daily) from Host System for all five
* Images paid-out loans and collateral
* Updates collateral tracking system
* Knowledge of county and parish recording laws and fees for all
five states (MS,LA, AL,FL,TX)
* Reviews lien perfection documents for all mortgages, deeds,
assignments, UCC and other documents for accuracy and completeness
before sending to the appropriate agency for recording
* Reviews all releases of mortgages, deeds, assignments, UCC and
other recording documents for accuracy and completeness before
sending to the appropriate agency for recording
* Knowledge of the vehicle titling process for all five states (MS,
LA, AL, FL, TX).
* Responsible for processing all checks, payment tickets and
account balancing for collateral management.
* Knowledge of title notifications updates collateral tracking
system, barcodes and scans the images to the correct loan.
* Knowledge of correcting title or mortgage document rejects by
motor vehicle department or parish or county courthouse.
* Able to communicate effectively with customers, officers, bank
associates and others to obtain information or corrected documents
as needed to accompany or replace rejected documents
* All other duties/special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Associate s Degree
* Six months to 1 year related experience or training
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable if more
than a HS Diploma
* No certification, licensure or registrations are required to
successfully apply for this job; however, the following
certifications from Hancock Bank s Computer Based Training (CBT)
are required, if applicable, once in this position:
Certification in Banking Regulations (Reg. B, Reg. CC, Reg. O, Reg.
Certification in HMDA Compliance
Certification in CRA, RESPA, RMR Regulations
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
* Ability to learn, or knowledge of, Microsoft Office Products such
as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of
credibility with all levels of internal and external customers.
* Good communication skills
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent organizational/planning/project management skills
* Ability to formulate sound conclusions and recommend optimal
course of action based on analysis
The company has identified a set of core competencies that are
vital to our business achieving a competitive advantage and
delivering a unique value to our customers. These competencies are
the capabilities each and every associate must exhibit through
commitment and demonstration to fulfill this competitive
Each associate must be COMMITTED to:
* Business Ethics: carrying out the business as per
self-acknowledged moral standards
* Organizational Support: supporting the company s goals and
* Quality & Quantity: accuracy and completeness while striving for
* Safety & Security: adheres to the banks policies and procedures
and reports abuse
Each associate must DEMONSTRATE:
* Adaptability: embracing change as the work place changes;
managing competing demands and unexpected events; enthusiastically
* Dependability: takes a conscientious and reliable approach toward
* Initiative: proactively initiates positive change, ready to take
independent action, make decisions and prepares in advance
* Professionalism: approaches work and fellow associates with a
behavior, attitude and image that portray respect, trust, courtesy,
empathy and integrity.
* Diversity: treat all people with respect and honor along with
sensitivity to cultural differences.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
COGNITIVE COMPETENCIES: Verbal Comprehension, Judgment & Decision
Making, Business Skills Application, Organizational & Planning,
MOTIVATION COMPETENCIES: Commitment to Excellence, Energy,
INTERPERSONAL COMPETENCIES: Listening, Interpersonal Skills,
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the
essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform
the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, Montgomery , Loan Collateral Specialist, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!