Apprentice Pipeliner (TS)
Company: Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Requisition Number 20-0098 Post Date 3/16/2020 Title Apprentice
Pipeliner (TS) City Auburn State NY DescriptionFounded in 1886,
Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and
success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely
providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong
set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental
responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Pipeliner with experience
in terminal, pipeline or plant operations with general knowledge of
equipment and maintenance of pipeline and terminal facilities in
the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
The Pipeliner role is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting
and repairing equipment and pipeline and terminal facilities with
little direct supervision.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
Timeframe: 0 - 18 months.
- Right of Way. Learning the company's damage prevention program
including One Calls, Right of Way investigations and maintenance,
3rd Party Crossings, Property Owner awareness activities, as
required.Performing duties under the supervision of a Pipeliner
- Introduction to Regulatory Compliance. Learning environmental
regulations, safety directives and operating procedures so that the
Company can assure compliance. Ensuring that management is apprised
of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding
regulatory compliance including environmental, health and
- Customer Service. Maintaining a good relationship with all
customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required.
- Introduction to Documentation. Learning to maintain accurate
and appropriate documentation on all work performed.
- Training on Emergency Response. Attend 24 hour new employee
hazwhopper training for emergency response.
- Introduction to Cathodic Protection. Learning the company's
Cathodic Protection theory, including inspecting Cathodic
Protection systems for tanks, performing corrosion probes,
installing and maintaining test leads, taking Cathodic Protection
and inspecting and testing insulating devices, as required.
- Pipeline Operations. Obtain a full working knowledge and
understanding of pipeline operations.
- And other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience in terminal, pipeline or plant operations
- General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is
- Up to 15% travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid driver's license
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a
strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are also
- This position requires someone who can work well under pressure
and has a strong commitment to safety.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- This role is regularly exposed to outside weather
- This position requires the employee to regularly access and
work at or around heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical
parts, moving on-track rail equipment, petroleum product or other
chemical fumes, airborne particles like dust or other
vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in the work
- The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA
for emergency response.
- This position may require exposure to hazardous environments
and require the wearing of a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to spend on average 90%of ones time on
- Must be able to lift large, heavy objects weighing up to 50
pounds 10 to 20 times per day on average.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside
the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This position communicates with supervision and co-workers via
VHF radio and hand signals, or cell phone.
- The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing
(FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required in
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate
- This position requires the ability to climb ladders (approx. 50
feet) and work comfortably and safely at heights for extended
periods of time.
- This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess
a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and
regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, written and verbal,
as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You
must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion,
and professionalism when dealing with internal and external
customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its
employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for
the global energy business. As one of the nation's largest
independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network
providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create
centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to
complete certain employment verifications, education verifications,
job related assessments, background check, MVR driving record
check, drug screen and physical/medical exam, if applicable
to the position. All employment offers are contingent upon the
successful completion of these pre-employment processes.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in
furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Buckeye Partners, L.P., Montgomery , Apprentice Pipeliner (TS), Other , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!