Company: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The purpose of this job is to set up, coordinate, organize,
prepare and plate food orders for the guests according to the
plating procedures and within ticket time standards; to maintain
quality control, kitchen and food storage and Health Department
guidelines and restock and clean up.--Essential Job Functions
- Sets up, stocks and organizes all workstations at the beginning
of the day.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and
garnish of each plate and supervises the cooking of all food items
to ensure proper delivery of service.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener,
mixer, and other tools or utensils.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores
them in proper containers.
- Prepares grilled, baked and fried items using recipes. Uses
pans, stock pots, grill, stove, ovens and fryers.
- Stocks supplies for stations.
- Cleans and sanitizes Expo station during the day and at the end
of the day including:
- Wiping down the station and small sham,
- Wiping down the hot food window (top and bottom), and
- Checking out other stations.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises
good judgment when dealing with guest situations and
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all station
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire,
according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations----Factors
Important for Successful Performance in this Position:To perform
this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the
kitchen.--Experience and Educational RequirementsA high school
diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general
kitchen techniques and equipment is required.--Physical
Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)Performs
duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning.
Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and
from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or
longer if needed.Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the
ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.--NOTE:--
The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may
be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the
Keywords: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q, Montgomery , Expediter, Other , Prattville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!