Company: SPX FLOW
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Career Opportunities: Site Leader (61689) Based in Charlotte,
North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with
customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing,
delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of
growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's
product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and
hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into
food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX
FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with
operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150
countries. JOB SUMMARY As Operations Manager / Site Leader your
role will be to drive and facilitate day to day business activities
within the Operations team to deliver our forecast through removing
all technical barriers to manufacture; direct and implement our
Vision, Tactical and Strategic Objectives where applicable. You
will be expected to help drive the company to achieve its delivery,
quality, and profitability targets by ensuring we have the
technical capability to manufacture all products to the appropriate
quality standards and customer build specification and that the end
to end manufacturing process is efficient, cost effective enabling
us to deliver on time. Forging strong commercial and Engineering
links within the wider matrix organization is paramount. It is
essential that a positive working environment is maintained while
focusing on delivering the business metrics and operational
excellence such as increasing through-put, asset utilization,
capacity and working flexibility whilst ensuring a safe and
compliant place of work. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Commit to "safety first" disciplined culture - developing and
supporting the EH&S processes and systems to maintain full
compliance with SPX FLOW policies and local legal/standard
requirements. Work with local and global EH&S leading, driving
and fostering a compliant workforce and environment.
- Implementing our Vision, Tactical and Strategic Objectives for
all GMO areas in line with corporate vision and strategies.
- Providing leadership with overall management within the GMO
team to ensure they meet the operational KPIs, goals and objectives
including reliability, operability, quality, customer care, OTD and
cost effectiveness in order to meet the demands of our customers
and target markets.
- Capacity management including make versus buy decisions.
- Removing all technical barriers to manufacture through ensuring
we have the appropriate tooling in place, shift patterns in
operation and programmes in place.
- Creating and maintaining a team-oriented environment through
training employees to maximise flexibility and cope with future
- Directing and coordinating acquisition and installation of
capital equipment, machine modifications, plant layout, tooling,
and related activities. Preparing approval for capital expenditure
authorization, required documents and supporting justification as
- Supplier Development particularly relating to machining.
- Developing a proactive CI environment within the plant and
across the matrix structure.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement processes in
line with corporate strategic plans and to improve the
effectiveness of the facility.
- Directing the implementation and use of appropriate reporting
systems, manufacturing processes and quality programs and
processes. Ensure continuing compliance with Quality
- Customer & Supplier Management (when required) regarding
quality, performance issues or Post Order activities. Implement
quality containment actions as required.
- Ensure Engineering and Operations are properly aligned to
provide "best in class" solutions, providing customer on time
delivery and quality products.
- Partner with Commercial organization to ensure Operations are
properly aligned to broader business strategy and market
- Providing a customer focused approach throughout the Company;
building and maintaining relationships future business
development/growth, proactively promoting the Company.
- Preparing and presenting business updates as required by the
GMO organization and undertaking other analysis and reporting
activity as required.
- Develop short and long term strategic operating plans based on
sales forecast, production capacity, people and financial
- Responsible for the management of services and processes in
relation to the building and premises.
- Maintain & continuously improve the facility (building, air,
power, extraction, water, waste) in conjunction with the external
- Coordinate the work of the sub-contractors to maintain and
upgrade the facility.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and sound project management
skills whilst promoting a solid networking environment with other
- Working with GMO Leadership to implement company's policies and
- Establishing and setting departmental/individual goals and
objectives in alignment with site goals and priorities. Identify
and implement performance improvement targets, metrics and plans in
place to exceed expectations.
- Motivating, retaining and developing key employees through
building sustainable employee engagement, creating a culture of
execution and an environment within which individuals and teams can
excel and continuously improve.
- In conjunction with Human Resources developing robust
succession plans for all levels in the site operations team through
a systematic approach to capability development and performance
- Overarching responsibility for all GMO People Management
activities including recruitment, discipline, developing, training,
motivating and supporting all team members with the support of
first line management and HR. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experienced manufacturing leader within a matrixed
organization. Ability to work within a matrix environment,
proactively communicating at all levels and with all functions
- Experience in manufacturing/assembly operations, manufacturing
engineering, sourcing, warehousing, distribution, purchasing and
- Ability to work hands on within the site across the GMO
- Financially astute with the ability to interpret and analyze
site financial statements, metrics, in order to identify and drive
focused plans to improve cost and efficiency.
- Strong leadership background, including ability to motivate and
foster productive team environment.
- Ability to be self-directed for the most part, but able to
integrate with managers up and down the organization to achieve
- Leadership, a natural ability to lead people and lead by
example, the manager will be required to quickly command respect
and loyalty even when making difficult decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills, the manager must be able to speak
with employees, other department managers and senior
- Readiness to evaluate alternatives and make decisions even when
all information required is not available.
- Capacity to manage change - identify problems, their causes and
practical solutions, taking the team with you.
- Critical thinking and Intellectual capabilities to analyze
difficult business problems, getting to the root cause of the
problems and generating workable solutions in line with
- Initiative and drive, candidate must have a willingness
initiate and drive these until results are achieved.
- Ability to effectively manage their time and that of others.
Manager will face production deadlines, shipping dates and more and
must prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to travel as required to meet requirements of the role,
for example customer, supplier, SPXFLOW meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management or another related
discipline with / or
- Demonstrated progression within a make to order manufacturing
environment to an operations lead role with solid management
experience in manufacturing and distribution.
- An experienced People Leader capable of making an engaging
impact both on the shop floor and with Senior Leadership.
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing tools & techniques. DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. SPX FLOW VALUES SPX Flow employees are
expected to behave in accordance with our company values as
outlined below. SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status,
or any other reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: SPX FLOW, Montgomery , Site Leader, Other , Rockford, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!