Director of Finance - Tallassee, AL
Company: GKN Aerospace Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
The Director of Finance will lead, plan, direct and control the
finance and accounting functions to create a solid control
environment. Ensure that accounting principles, governance
guidelines, financial legal requirements, and other instructions
from the Group and Division are implemented and respected.
Communicate current and future business performance issues. Act as
a key member of the site/programme leadership team, providing
financial business partnering.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals
- Develop accounting team to provide all employees opportunity
for growth and development
- Responsible for the development, implementation and control of
systems and records for accurate reporting and recording of
- Establish accounting procedures and controls to ensure
transactions are properly recorded and to safeguard company
- Establish and maintain internal accounting controls to verify
the accuracy in computations, proper support in classification and
recording of all transactions.
- Provide strong leadership to operating teams to ensure
established controls are well-understood and followed.
- Provide accounting policy interpretation and guidance to the
accounting and operating teams. Includes the preparation of
accounting position papers.
- Control the general ledger to ensure that all invoices, cash
receipts, invoice adjustments and general ledger transactions are
properly documented and recorded.
- Ensure Disclosure Statement accurately reflects accounting
practices and ensures compliance with Disclosure Statement.
- Leads Internal Audit, external audit, DCAA, DCMA, FACTS
reviews, and balance sheet reviews for all applicable sites.
- Develop solutions to complex business issues encountered within
- Direct special projects comprised of cross functional teams as
- Ensure business unit compliance with GKN Aerospace policies and
procedures as well as those of GKN, Melrose, IFRS, and other
- Provide key decision makers support and analysis to make
- Manage, educate, and mentor staff / team of professionals.
- Create an atmosphere where people are engaged, rewarded for
progress, and share a strong sense of ownership of the
- Lead the monthly closing process to ensure timely and accurate
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting or controllership
- 8+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export
compliance and site SSA requirements (if required for site)
- Ability to manage cross functional teams
- Business acumen and understanding of business operations
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Unquestioned business ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- CPA preferred
- Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite
- Aerospace experience a plus
- Prefer candidates with Government Accounting experience
- Strong organizational skills and process adherence skills
- GKN experience
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Services, Montgomery , Director of Finance - Tallassee, AL, Other , Tallassee, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!