**Assistant Project Engineer**
Montgomery, AL 36109
Caddell is seeking 2020 and 2021 Building Science and
Construction Management graduates for an Assistant Project Engineer
opportunity upon graduation.
Applicants who do not have the credentials listed above will not
Assists contracts managers in monitoring construction
correspondence and other tasks. Assists the on-site construction
staff with achievement of corporate deadlines.
1. Assists contracts manager in monitoring construction
2. Assists on-site construction staff with corporate procedures
and achievement of corporate deadlines.
3. Assists with the preparation of financial statements.
4. Assists contracts managers with documentation as needed to
answer and respond to governmental agency requests.
5. Assists contracts managers with coordinating issues with
6. Assists contracts managers with coordinating submittals for
preconstruction plans required for new contracts.
7. Assists with training of on-site staff on Caddell's
8. Assists contracts managers with monitoring and distributing
design-build submittal packages.
9. Assists the construction executives and executive staff as
10. Assists in negotiating and preparing change orders, terms
and conditions, and purchase agreements within the parameters of
established procedure for subcontractors and vendors.
11. Assists in developing, tracking and negotiating proposals
and change orders for the implementation of contract changes with
the owner and subcontractors.
12. Conducts business correspondence and assists in the
preparation of billing/financial reporting.
13. Provides technical support for construction efforts
including participation in construction planning. Assists with
design interpretation, application of construction methods,
resolution and documentation of design conflicts and
14. Develops, implements, and administers project procedures and
other work controlling documents to support overall
15. Interfaces with all departments as required to resolve
problems, ensure quality of construction, project safety etc., in
support of overall project schedule.
16. Assists in looking ahead and paying attention to the work
flow, coordinating with superintendents on delivery of materials
and staying on schedule.
17. Assists in the maintenance of the project schedule by
completing period schedule updates within required time frames and
identifying any schedule issues.
Four-year degree in Building Science, Construction Management or
related field. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to develop a working knowledge of all applicable Caddell
processes and procedures. Ability to develop strong client
relations skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use
Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook..
_Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable
laws and regulations._
**ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?**
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared
vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee
satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The
Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit,
we'd be happy for you to apply!
**Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and