PRN Licensed Practical Nurse in Wetumpka, AL
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Tutwiler Women's
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting
in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the
clinical supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and guides
patient teaching activities commensurate with education and
- Under the clinical guidance of a Registered Nurse, assists in
the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions
of patients in the health care unit and as necessary in the housing
units. Assist in planning and implementing individual treatment
programs in the health care unit and housing unit by utilizing
available resources and consulting with registered nurses,
physicians and correctional officers.
- Implement medical plan through administering medications and
intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Document nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness,
complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory
personnel and physicians in accordance with physician's
- Assist in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
- Serve as a member of a nursing care and treatment team and
assist physician as assigned.
- Use available in-house resource personnel and departments for
- Implement clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
- Apply and change dressings.
- Provide for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assist with activities of daily living with special attention
to therapeutic significance.
- Supervise inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and
sanitation of the environment.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which
includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and
health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered
while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in
buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current Alabama Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Montgomery , PRN Licensed Practical Nurse in Wetumpka, AL, Other , Wetumpka, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!