Financial Clearance Team Lead - Patient Access
Company: Baptist Health - Alabama
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Baptist Health is the largest healthcare system serving central
Alabama, providing comprehensive hospital-based and outpatient
services to nearly 60 percent of the residents in Montgomery,
Autauga and Elmore counties. To learn more about Baptist Health,
visit us at https://www.baptistfirst.org.
The team lead is responsible for ensuring accounts are
financially cleared prior to service. They are proficient in all
phase of financial clearance including: scheduling, insurance
verification, price estimation, verifying and obtaining
authorizations, pre-certification, and medical necessity. The
position will maintain a proficient understanding of third party
payer regulations and guidelines for assigned service lines,
including a working knowledge of medical necessity and
authorization requirements. They will determine benefit and
coverage levels and connect patients with financial assistance
resources as needed. They will be proficient in all Patient Access
processes including tasks routinely performed by a registrar,
financial counselor, scheduler, or authorization associate. The
position participates in denial analysis and improvement related to
clearance activities. They will work with minimum supervision and
may be responsible for directing the work flow and processes of
High school graduate or equivalent required;
preferred post-secondary education.
3 years hospital revenue cycle or clinical experience.
Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
- Certification preferred: CPAR or CHAA
- Knowledge of hospital billing and revenue cycle
- Ability to perform analytical problem solving
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet deadlines/productivity
- Self-directed and capable of working without direct
- Ability to instruct others and deploy resources as needed
- Creates a culture of support for personnel, fostering
motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance and
- Ability to operate and train others on common computer systems
including software specific to financial clearance functions
and Baptist Health System software programs
- Must have knowledge of payer specific reimbursement policies
including medical necessity and authorization requirements.
- Must have knowledge of scheduling practices including medical
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have exemplarily customer service skills and the ability
to collect payment
Keywords: Baptist Health - Alabama, Montgomery , Financial Clearance Team Lead - Patient Access, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!