GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
Provide Commercial expertise and support to specific customer
local team. Work to ensure the management and resolution of
commercial issues on a day to day basis such as commercial change
management, support local level bids and proposals. Informs the
Programme IPTs of contractual obligations and boundaries. First
point of escalation for customer purchase order or contractual
issues internally and from customer. This role supports the
Lockheed Martin portfolio.
- To interface and highlight to the IPT and customers where
contractual obligations and limits to obligations are.
- Supports new bidding activity when required, including the
compilation of a business model and Commercial proposal.
- To manage/maintain the company order book to reflect the
customers purchase order requirements.
- To ensure that commercial/contractual correspondence files are
- To maintain key performance metrics and contribute to internal
- Supports change negotiations with Customers.
- Ensure that overdue debt is kept to a minimum and customers pay
in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- Support Project / Program Review structure, reports, data
- Review Customer MRP and conclude on demand changes, check
against contractual conditions and update demand as part of
- Manage opportunities to improve the business case.
- Adheres to all program management and Commercial standards and
policies in accordance with the GKN Aerospace Program Management
framework and contribute to process development.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years contracts administration, customer support, program
management or related field of manufacturing or production
- GKN Experience
- Completed or continued education in Business, Program
Management, Engineering or related fields
- Hands-on/professional experience data entry of customer
requirements into ERP systems
- Experience with aerospace and/or aircraft machined and
- Intermediate Excel experience and working knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook,
- Proven experience with Customer Interface and
- Financial exposure and/or experience with Budgeting and Cost
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.