Financial Clearance Analyst - PT and PRN - Patient Access
Company: Baptist Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Baptist Health is the largest healthcare system serving central
Alabama, providing comprehensive hospital-based and outpatient
services to nearly 60 percent of the residents in Montgomery,
Autauga and Elmore counties. To learn more about Baptist Health,
visit us at https://www.baptistfirst.org.
The Financial Clearance Analyst is responsible for ensuring
accounts are financially cleared prior to service. The Analyst
demonstrates proficiency in all phase of financial clearance
including: scheduling, insurance verification, price estimation,
verifying and obtaining authorizations, pre-certification, and
medical necessity. The position will maintain a proficient
understanding of third party payer regulations and guidelines for
assigned service lines, including a working knowledge of medical
necessity and authorization requirements. The Analyst will
determine benefit and coverage levels and connect patients with
financial assistance resources as needed. The Analyst will be
proficient in all Patient Access processes including tasks
routinely performed by a registrar, financial counselor, scheduler,
or authorization associate. The position participates in denial
analysis and improvement related to clearance activities.
- High school graduate or equivalent required;
- preferred post-secondary education.
- Minimum 2 years experience in healthcare business office
- Hospital revenue cycle experience preferred.
- Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
- Certification preferred: CPAR or CHAA*
- Knowledge of hospital billing and revenue cycle *
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal
supervision and to work independently *
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to
effectively interact with a wide range of audiences *
- Knowledge of common office software *
- Ability to work in a fast paced often stressful environment
- Ability to work in a 24 hour department with varying shifts,
days and holidays *
- The ability to de-escalate sensitive and rapidly changing
- Knowledge of federal, commercial and managed care payers
Primary Location: Corporate
Work Locations: Corporate 301 Brown Springs Rd ZIP Code 36117
Job: Financial Clearance Analyst
Organization: Baptist Health
Job Type: Per Diem
Job Posting: 06/07/2021, 1:05:50 PM
Keywords: Baptist Health, Montgomery , Financial Clearance Analyst - PT and PRN - Patient Access, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!