Assistant Director of Nursing - Mental Health Unit
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Making a dramatic difference in the lives of
our patients is what we do every day.
Help us Raise the
correctional health care.
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Salary: Experienced-based salary
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) works with the Director
of Nursing in structuring comprehensive planning and implementing
the Nursing Services program that guides the delivery of a
quality health care program. Also responsible for delivery of
patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient
teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining
standards of professional nursing.
- Participate and/or direct planning, priority setting and the
development of policies and procedures for health care activities
that are in compliance with contractual requirements, Department of
Corrections and national standards.
- Coordinate and monitor orientation, in-services and continuing
education within Nursing Services. Responsible for coordinating and
providing clinical orientation and nursing in-service
- Coordinate the development, provision and evaluation of patient
care according to the standards of quality care.
- Conduct recruitment/retention efforts for Nursing
- Participate in the development and administration of a budget
for Nursing Services.
- Participates in any Nursing Services committees (e.g.,
Utilization Review, Quality Assurance, Infection Control, etc.);
develop and implement procedures, audits and nursing
- Receive and review daily outpatient and infirmary reports
- Conduct regular meetings with nursing staff and ensure the
practice of nursing is consistent with current standards.
- Act as Administrator on call for nursing emergencies or nursing
- Assist in the development and maintenance of staff schedule for
Nursing Service in accordance with contract terms of nursing
coverage. Responsible for making changes in time schedules, if
- Serve as representative for, and/or liaison between, nursing
services and other health care providers, as well as Health
Services Administrator, and coordinate patient care with other
- Provide guidance to the nursing staff in patient care problems
and following established protocols, and delegate responsibility
within the scope of the employee’s abilities
- Support and participate in evaluation designed to improve work
conditions and patient care. Evaluate employees’ performance to
ensure and maintain quality care.
- Keep abreast of and follow through on incidents occurring on
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the investigation of
employee performance/conduct issues and assists in the development
and delivery of corrective action to address performance and/or
- Assists the Director of Nursing and the HSA with collection of
nursing personnel’s licensure/certifications and helps ensure that
all staff has current credentials.
- Review all discrepancies in sharps and tool counts,
investigate, reconcile and forward written findings to the
- Review all medication errors and forward written findings to
the Director of Nursing.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Director of
- Assist in responding to applicable grievances.
- Assess established policies and review policies as needed.
- Submit monthly report of audits.
The following requirements
list the minimum to qualify.
Alabama Registered Nursing License
of an accredited nursing school; BSN, preferred
Keywords: Wexford Health, Montgomery , Assistant Director of Nursing - Mental Health Unit, Other , Ozark, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!