Company: Ben E Keith Co
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader
in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to
consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state distributor,
and our Beverage Division operates throughout the state of Texas as
a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, craft and import
beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our
customers, and our employees-continuing our commitment to
delivering quality since 1906.
Processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail,
telephone, or personally from customer or company employee by
performing the following duties.
* Must be able to operate a variety of RF scanners to track all
* Must be able to operate a pallet jack, forklifts, and cherry
picker in an efficient and safe manner.
* Must be able to identify and select the correct product and
* Must be able to determine partial cases items when necessary.
* Responsible for assembling all products on a pallet in a manner
which will enable transportation of product to customers while
minimizing damage to boxes and product.
* Responsible for contacting Forklift Operators to replenish
product in empty pick bins.
* Locate supervisors to determine appropriate product substitutes
when an item is out of stock (or if manufacturing division can
supply product in question).
* Check for product "in transit" at the end of each night.
* Opens and closes boxes, bales, and other containers.
* Picks and assembles orders from stock carefully verifying
information and quantities. Places products on pallets, transfers
to staging area and loads on trucks. Verifies product against
picking list to insure accuracy.
* Sorts and places materials on racks or shelves according to
predetermined slot assignment and rotates product to insure "First
* Operates forklift, pallet jack, or hand trucks to move product
from one location to another.
* Load and stack product on trucks in such a manner that the load
is stable and product is secure to prevent damage.
* Assists in warehouse maintenance and cleaning.
* Perform various inventory related functions as necessary.
* Receive trucks on an as needed basis.
* Inspect received products for quality, proper rotation, and
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage
distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business
with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse
communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee
benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees
and their families.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability
* 401K with matching contribution
* Profit-Sharing Plan (100% company-paid)
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Program
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation and holidays
* Employee Credit Union
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions
of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more
than simply treating one another with respect; it also means
considering how all our people can positively impact the quality of
the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects the
increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all
we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external
and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our
strengths and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to
find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face.
Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action
employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Job Family Warehouse
* Pay Type Hourly
* Southeast Food, 1697 Lower Curtis Rd., Elba, Alabama, United
States of America
Keywords: Ben E Keith Co, Montgomery , Selector, Other , Elba, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!