Intern, Southeast Program and Policy
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good
home possible for the millions of families without one. We support
community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and
invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of
government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982,
we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all
50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power
and belonging.Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.Working at
EnterpriseAt Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed
team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some
of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be
empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance
racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued
and supported in your growth journey.Enterprise offers career
opportunities in our with an.Job Description SummaryEnterprise
Community Partners, Southeast Market, seeks an Affordable Housing
intern to support our programming and policy work through data
analysis and visualization, research, and program development
support. This intern position is available in the Atlanta office
(Virtual possible), and will have the opportunity to learn about
the affordable housing field through a variety of projects. In
addition, there is opportunity to attend virtual and in person
events and meetings and network with other affordable housing
professionals.Job DescriptionResponsibilities:Faith Based
Development Initiative (FBDI)
- Data Collection and Analysis - Determine the number of parcels
owned (or controlled) by houses of worship in our targeted
- Assess inventory in targeted geographies (i.e., Nashville, TN)
to identify parcels owned by houses of worship.
- Create property profiles for each property, identifying
ownership; location; acreage; square footage; zoning and buildable
floor area, etc.
- Develop a database with property profiles and contact
information for tracking all houses of worship that own developable
- Atlanta Subsidized Multifamily
- Utilizing the HouseATL Affordable Housing Database and National
Housing Preservation database, complete data analysis for the City
of Atlanta and five County Metro, continuing development of a
prioritization matrix and working with partners to analyze
opportunities and communicate results.
- Develop visualizations of analysis, including charts, graphs,
tables, maps, etc.
- Atlanta and Miami Small Multifamily
- Support the development and launch of the Southeast
Preservation Next Academy. This may include support in outreach and
promotion and content development.
- Engage with the Preservation Next Data Fellow to analyze SMMF
inventory, and to develop materials to share with partners and
inform prioritization, including charts, graphs, tables, maps,
- Review research papers, attend webinars, and speak with
partners to inform preservation frameworks and priorities.State &
- Assist with the preparation of a brief one-to-two-page document
summarizing relevant housing data across the Atlanta
- Support review of housing statistics to support policy
- An undergraduate degree, with preference for a graduate
- A minimum of 3 year's related work experience in consulting,
planning, policy, or housing development, including if applicable,
time obtaining a Masters degree in city planning, public policy or
administration, environmental studies, real estate development, or
- Familiarity with and interest in the policies, funding sources,
financial structure and process of affordable housing
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills required.
- Microsoft Word, Access & Excel skills, and familiarity with
web-based research are required experience with public datasets and
- Superior research and writing skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work both independently and as a
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Keywords: Enterprise Community Partners, Montgomery , Intern, Southeast Program and Policy, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!