Underwriting Tech- Commercial Lines
Company: Sentry Insurance
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Performs basic underwriting/underwriting support duties within
guidelines and provides assistance to underwriters by handling a
variety of tasks that support the review, acceptance/decline of new
or renewal commercial lines business.We are currently staffing an
Underwriter Technician position in our Montgomery, AL office. In
this entry level role, you'll handle a variety of tasks that
support the review, acceptance and decline of new or renewal
commercial business policies. If you're looking for a department
and company to grow with, then you've come to the right place!What
You'll DoThe Underwriting Technician assists the Underwriters by
supporting their daily operations. In addition, you'll:
- Process mail, verify drivers, order audits and process policy
- Receive and respond to internal calls and emails.
- Maintain data systems, prepare reports, spreadsheets and
- Participate in underwriting training sessions.
- Correspond with the Underwriting department or independent
agent to verify applicant information.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties within
the Underwriting unit.What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of previous experience and/or coursework strongly
- Previous experience in an underwriting environment and/or
previous rating experience beneficial
- High level of PC skills in programs such as Microsoft
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle a
high volume of workWhat You'll Receive
At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled Hybrid
work model. Monday and Friday work from home if you choose to,
Tuesday through Thursday in office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
University (SentryU).About Sentry
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction.Our
bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got
our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.Our headquarters is
in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with offices located throughout the
United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to
marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment
with opportunities for ongoing professional development and
growth.Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities
Kasha.Dombrowski@Sentry.comEqual Employment OpportunitySentry is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no
discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual
Keywords: Sentry Insurance, Montgomery , Underwriting Tech- Commercial Lines, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!