Assistant Underwriter- Commercial Lines
Company: Sentry Insurance
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Provides support to Underwriters by handling a variety of tasks
needed for their evaluation of new and renewal business. Applies
knowledge of risk tolerance for specific lines of business and
underwriting procedures in providing sufficient and appropriate
information to the assigned underwriter.We are currently seeking a
result driven individual to fulfill a critical role as an Assistant
Underwriter on our Regional team. The Assistant Underwriter
provides support in a variety of underwriting tasks involving the
evaluation of new and renewal business.Collaboration, teamwork, and
relationships are key at Sentry. To best support our associates and
our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexible work through
scheduled work from home days on Mondays and Fridays with in-office
Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays at our Montgomery, AL Regional
office.What You'll DoAs an Assistant Underwriter, you'll work
closely with other Business Products functions and interacts daily
with the product and premium services, premium audit, safety
sciences, accounting, and operations support units to ensure
service and quality objectives are met. In addition, you'll:
- Receive and respond to phone calls and emails from agents,
brokers, and sales personnel regarding all coverage and transaction
types to obtain information needed to properly underwrite, price,
and program policies/accounts.
- Work on underwriting assignments such as loss and risk exposure
evaluation through the use of manuals, established procedures, and
collected information. Refer business outside of authority
- Apply underwriting policies, philosophies, and procedures to
evaluate the overall acceptability of risk to determine if it fits
Sentry's underwriting guidelines.
- Process policy change requests, renewals, and some new business
within knowledge and authority levels.
- May handle facultative reinsurance quoting, processing, and
issuance.What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of underwriting systems and/or various software
- Insurance courses related to property and casualty insurance,
such as IIA and CPCU beneficial.
- Effective communication, analytical, and mathematical
skills.What You'll Receive
At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled Hybrid
work model. Monday and Friday work from home if you choose to,
Tuesday through Thursday in office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
University (SentryU).About Sentry
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction.Our
bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got
our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.Our headquarters is
in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with offices located throughout the
United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to
marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment
with opportunities for ongoing professional development and
growth.Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities
Kasha.Dombrowski@Sentry.comEqual Employment OpportunitySentry is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no
discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual
Keywords: Sentry Insurance, Montgomery , Assistant Underwriter- Commercial Lines, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!