Tier 1 Systems Administrator
Company: VAE, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OVERVIEW: VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure
Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our
clients' mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive
array of design, integration and implementation services as well as
fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of
leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services
to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services
and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with
extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering
approach.JOB TYPE: Full-timeLOCATION: Montgomery, AL 36043 US
- Manages all the AFINC systems for the program to include
updates, life cycle management, IAVMs, software patches.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of all enterprise
servers on multiple operating systems. Maintain the integrity and
security of servers and systems.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Provided IT support to resolve and document problems, using
appropriate ticketing systems. Escalate problems to the appropriate
organization or process, when required. Utilize the priority
matrix, as an order to responding to service requests (e.g. trouble
- Support capabilities allowing assumption of control of an end
user device for problem analysis and resolution.
- Review, maintain, and correct any configurations that do not
comply with Air Force and organizational policies.
- Develop and imp0lrement testing strategies and document
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems
connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system
management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security;
Operating System (OS) installation; and other local area system
administration related functions.
- Serve as a single source for Standard Desktop Configuration
(SDC) images. Control usage and install SDC on all appropriate
- Provide a single point of contact for resolution of incidents,
end user assistance for standard IT questions and service requests.
The System Administrator - Tier I Help Desk responsibilities
include technical support assistance, service request management,
remote desktop management, self-help tools, Hardware (HW) and
Software (SW) direct service desk support.
- Must be able to work shift work (swing or mid shift) as needed
to meet mission requirements. QUALIFICATIONS: Security + CE
- One of the following: SQL Server 2012/2014, Splunk or EMC Net
- ITIL v3 or 4 Foundations (Desired) CERTIFICATIONS: 8570
Compliance We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers,
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic under state or local law.PI201438342
Keywords: VAE, Inc., Montgomery , Tier 1 Systems Administrator, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!