Warranty Claims Representative II
Company: Rheem Manufacturing Company
Posted on: May 24, 2023
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The WARRANTY CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE II will be responsible for the customer experience regarding the warranty reimbursement process for defective water heaters, parts and labor claims coming from all customers across all product channels and applications. Ensure timely payment of all warranty claims including the processing of check requests for labor, installation and defective product to consumers and business partners. Answer inbound phone calls and emails regarding warranties and inform customers of needed corrections, rejections or denied warranty claims. Also responsible for resolving registration and warranty contract adjustments. Handle and resolve complaints.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Exhibit a high level of customer service diplomacy in maintaining a patient, empathetic, and friendly tone while being adaptable to changes and creating goodwill with internal and external customers.
* Verify customer and warranty claim information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained and available information as necessary.
* Audit warranty forms, vendor worksheets, recap sheets, and/or proof of purchase, to determine validity of warranty and appropriate credit to the correct customer account.
* Determine validity of installation, labor, or repair costs associated with defective parts and water heaters.
* Accurately enter warranty data in appropriate system(s) including competitive warranty claims and models not recognized by the warranty system.
* Work in and understand the warranty system, parts system, registration system, phone, and CRM systems to ensure proper documentation, reimbursement, and warranty resolution.
* Receive inbound phone calls from homeowners, distributors, retailers, and plumbers and handle calls in all the warranty related queues.
* Ability to handle email claims, questions, and requests in the assigned warranty related email queues. Ensure timely handling, resolution, and follow up.
* Advise homeowners how to obtain in-warranty repairs or replacement. Authorize refunds to homeowners for defective products where appropriate.
* Ensure timely payment of all warranty claims including the processing of check requests for labor, installation and defective product to consumers and business partners.
* Register water heaters and be able to work in the warranty registration root system to solve warranty registration problems and questions.
* Perform warranty contract adjustments in Oracle Install Base.
* Pull preplanned reports in iWarranty.
* Process a basic warranty claim in Oracle Trade Management.
* Process basic RLC Return Unit claims.
* Handle all aspects of commercial extended warranty contracts (processing, billing, and documenting).
* Develop and maintain basic reports in Excel.
* Organize, plan, and prioritize work.
* Must attend work regularly.
WHAT YOU NEED
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* 2 years of experience in data entry, claims, warranty, or accounts receivable (or equivalent education)
* Call center or call center related experience and customer needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Basic data entry of 30 words per minute (will be assessed)
* Email and electronic scheduling skills (will be assessed)
* Intermediate MS Office Skills - Word, Excel, and Outlook (will be assessed)
* Warranty or accounting system experience.
* Ability to read, and comprehend short correspondence, and memos
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
* Ability to effectively navigate through several computer programs simultaneously.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal with numerous interruptions
* Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to effectively problem solve and work toward resolution.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service diplomacy in stressful situations.
* Good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
* Strong active listening skills.
* Demonstrate ability to work well with others in a team environment
* Able to work weekends, staggered shifts, and holidays
HOW TO STAND OUT
* College or vocational school accounting classes
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
Keywords: Rheem Manufacturing Company, Montgomery , Warranty Claims Representative II, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
here to apply!