Front Desk Representative
Company: Clearway Pain Solutions
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Front Desk Representative facilitates the flow of patient
information across the continuum of care, including data collection
of insurance demographics when a patient arrives at the practice
site. Performs duties necessary to ensure patients are scheduled,
checked in, and checked out an accurate and timely manner. Performs
patient registration, patient financial services and data entry,
greeting and referring patients, answering routine/administrative
inquiries, and general office support activities as
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform job in accordance with Company Mission, vision and
- Provides exceptional customer service to patients and their
- Exercises confidentiality in all areas, abiding by HIPAA rules
- Collects and verifies all demographic, Insurance and Financial
information and enters information into Electronic Medical Record
- Assists patients with Phreesia tablets and medical forms, as
- Obtains patient emails for patient portal registration.
- Collects co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles and past due
balances for all patients. Performs daily reconciliation of all
- Processes patient intake forms and schedules follow up
appointments through EMR.
- Schedules follow up appointments in accordance with insurance
- Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently and
demonstrates standards of performance ownership, teamwork,
communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and
principles of service excellence.
- Ensures all necessary paperwork and documentation (i.e.:
referrals, ID, insurance cards, etc.) are up to date and present at
the time of service.
- As needed, handles phone inquiries from patients and others,
screens calls to ascertain nature and urgency of inquiry and refers
callers to the appropriate personnel.
- Makes appointments via telephone, patient portal and
- Responsible for copying, barcoding, and scanning medical
records, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of patient waiting
- Prepares procedure packets.
- Participate in and complete all required trainings and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software
(MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills,
including exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with doctors, clinical staff, other co-workers and
- Must be able to work individually as well as within a
- Must be able to accurately collect and maintain money.
- Must be able to follow both verbal and written
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to respond with patience and understanding during
stressful conditions related to patient health and emergent
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must demonstrate extreme attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Must be able to problem solve and use reasoning.
- Must be able to meet predefined quality standards.
- Must maintain and project a professional attitude and
appearance at all time.
- If working in an ASC, must provide proof of influenza
vaccination annually (must wear a procedure mask if refusing the
- If working in an ASC, must complete two (2)-step PPD.
- Must complete all regulatory competencies in accordance with
working in the ASC.
- Must have a working knowledge of the healthcare field and
medical specialty, as well as medical terminology.
- All staff are expected to have a strong desire to provide
excellent customer service; to comply with the rules and
regulations of those organizations to which we are accountable; to
have high ethical and professional standards of conduct; and to
have an attitude of wanting to continuously improve their own
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or
- One (1) year of prior experience working with an Electronic
Medical Record (EMR).
The employee must have reliable transportation. Travel for this
position may be required up to 25%. While the primary workplace may
be closest to the employee's home, work assignments could be in any
of the Company's locations.
Keywords: Clearway Pain Solutions, Montgomery , Front Desk Representative, Other , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...