2nd Shift Repack Material Handler
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Utilizes computer screen, RF terminals, distribution labels or
hard copy reports to process merchandise with the aid of manual
and/or powered material handling equipment as directed by DC
Supervisor. Receives, stocks, sorts, and distributes merchandise
and other inventory for shipment to the stores.
1. Utilizes RF units, scanners, CRTs or hard copy reports to record
in an accurate manner the movement of merchandise from the time it
is received until it is selected and shipped.
2. Operates various manual and/or powered material handling
equipment to transport pallets of merchandise within the
distribution center as directed.
3. Moves empty pallets and storage racks as necessary to a
specified location and stacks them in a neat and orderly
4. Confirms quantities of merchandise and other inventory to verify
the accuracy of the order to be processed.
5. Verifies distribution labels to ensure coordination with the
order to be processed.
6. Sorts, separates and labels units of merchandise and inventory
to be processed. Places on pallets or conveyor lines as appropriate
for distribution to the stores.
7. Utilizes CRTs or hard copy reports to process damaged and/or
salvageable merchandise as directed.
8. Monitors sort induction lines to ensure accurate scanning of
distribution labels and effective processing of merchandise.
9. Loads pallets or hand stacks cartons in trailers according to
store delivery schedule and door assignments for shipment to the
10. Audits, verifies and completes a variety of production
paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders.
11. Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required.
Work is performed under defined and uniform procedures.
12. Exhibits reasonable care and operation of material handling
13. Handles and stacks merchandise in such a way to prevent damage
to merchandise and/or prevent unsafe and unstable loads.
14. Performs general housekeeping duties within the department and
assigned designated areas to ensure a safe and appropriate working
15. Maintains the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values
statement while performing daily job duties.
1. Good English, reading, writing and math skills required.
2. Ability to move a minimum of 60 pounds on a regular basis
required. Furniture and Fixtures associates are required to lift a
minimum of 60 pounds, with heavy lifting up to 110 pounds.
3. Ability to effectively operate RF units, scanners and CRTs, as
well as, perform data entry when necessary is required.
4. Must be able to successfully pass in-house training program for
powered material handling equipment operator's license, when
5. Must be able to successfully pass physical abilities test for
designated area. 6. Must have 20/20 vision or corrected 20/20 and
7. Must not have a fear of heights.
8. Ability to operate material handling equipment in a correct and
safe fashion required.
9. Flexibility to operate all powered material handling equipment
to include but not limited to tuggers, sit-down, stand-up and
turret side loaders.
10. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all
associates within immediate work group, immediate department and
the distribution center and to use good judgment in recognizing
scope of authority.
11. Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and meet
production, safety and accuracy standards required.
12. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within
a distribution center environment including walking, bending and
lifting is required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Big Lots, Montgomery , 2nd Shift Repack Material Handler, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!