Mechanical Facilities Maintenance Manager
Company: FERROGLOBE- SELMA AL
Posted on: January 13, 2022
- Follows safety procedures and guidelines as established by
- Inspects and oversees the plant's smelting operations to
optimize production throughout and maintain quality
- Provides guidance and direction to mechanical maintenance
supervisors and hourly employees for daily goals and
- Confirms systems and product capabilities by designing
feasibility and testing methods and testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical solutions by studying
requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and mechanical
assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying
equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing
- Troubleshoots and supports existing plant's mechanical systems
to maintain plant's performance and uptime with focus on control
systems and power distribution systems.
- Prepares detailed and accurate reports by collecting, analyzing
and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment and machinery operational by coordinating
mechanical maintenance and repair services, following
manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
- Performs and supervises facility mechanical inspections to
identify potential problems.
- Engineers, designs and implements new mechanical projects to
improve plant's mechanical operational systems, identifies and
replaces old equipment and improves overall reliability.
- Maintains systems and product data case by writing computer
programs and entering relevant data.
- Completes plant's mechanical projects by training and guiding
master mechanics, mechanics and millwrights.
- Plans and oversees installation of new mechanical equipment and
- Reviews periodically methods, procedures, reporting and
processes to increase efficiency.
- Creates, develops and oversees the configurations of mechanical
maintenance programs from inception through start up and
- Provides detailed and accurate reports to upper management on
current status of mechanical maintenance department
- Ensures that health, safety policies, standards and procedures
are complied with at all times.
- Promptly corrects any department deficiencies.
- Additional duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSEducation: High school
and/or Trade School Certificate in Chemistry from an accredited
institutionMinimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial
setting or related industriesStrong problem-solving, training ,
organizational, documentation, computer, and mentoring capabilities
Substantial understanding of production processesSolid Project
management and heavy industry experience is preferredVerifiable
experience in the conceptualization and development of routine
preventative maintenance is required
Preferred Skills Knowledge: plant facilities and equipment, plant
and laboratory safety procedures andprocesses Skills: Outlook,
Excel, MS Office Suite and SAP, attention to detail Abilities:
Task-oriented, ability to plan, implement, and complete tasks,
Keywords: FERROGLOBE- SELMA AL, Montgomery , Mechanical Facilities Maintenance Manager, Professions , Selma, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!