Manufacturing Plant Manager
Company: Conner Industries Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPLANT MANAGER IN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT?
HAVE LUMBER EXPERIENCE OR EAGER TO LEARN? THIS MAY BE YOUR NEXT
JOB!Salary - $90,000-$110,000 DOE.COMPANYConner Industries, Inc. is
a rapidly growing manufacturer and distributor in the industrial
lumber, custom wood packaging, and integrated packaging markets.
With an outstanding reputation, and over 40 years as an industry
leader, we operate 14 manufacturing facilities and currently sit at
#2 in the U.S. for market share. Best of all, we are growing!KEY
RESPONSIBILIRIESThe Plant Manager is responsible for all aspects of
the facility, leading the entire operational team on-site, ensuring
an efficient and effective operation in delivering quality products
to our customers and maintaining security and operability of all
assets at the site.RequirementsDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead facility overseeing all production, shipping / receiving,
- Build a safety culture focused on diligence to best practice
and good housekeeping.
- Build a quality culture driven on alignment to customer
- Drive a continuous improvement methodology utilizing lean
- Establish budgets and manage costs to drive improving financial
- Ensure integrity of the ERP system data and manage company
assets at the site.
- Ensure good working order of all equipment and facilities on
- Identify and manage local suppliers for maintenance, suppliers,
- Act as company liaison for local regulatory and compliance
- Oversee staffing, training and employee development.
- Communicate and support adherence to all corporate
- Be a visible, hands-on leader within the operation, lead by
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION &
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a technical or
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in production or manufacturing
- Background in lumber remanufacturing, wood working and or
similar field preferred.
- Working knowledge of lean six sigma methodologies and
experience in leading change.
- Analytical thinker with a strong basis on data gathering and
- Energetic, organized with ability to manage a wide range of
projects and priorities.
- Excellent communicator and understanding of importance to do
what you say.
- Familiarity of ERP systems and methods of scheduling, inventory
- Strong computer skills with experience in the Microsoft Office
suite.WORK ENVIRONMENT & ATTRIBUTES
- Lumber remanufacturing facility with cutting and assembly
- Indoor office area with outdoor production and lumber yard
- Hearing protection, eyewear and steel-toed shoes required.
- Initial travel may be expected, including participation in
training and possible customer visits.EEO Statement Conner
Industries does not disqualify applicants that test positive for
THC on the pre-employment drug screen. As permitted by state law,
applicants being considered for positions with the following
responsibilities: CDL Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sales,
Maintenance, Management, and all Corporate positions, must pass a
drug and alcohol test, done through an outside vendor, Quest
Diagnostics, before beginning work in that position. Refusal to
submit to testing will result in disqualification for the desired
position. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner
Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Bonus Opportunities
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Company Paid Holidays
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Training & Development
Keywords: Conner Industries Inc., Montgomery , Manufacturing Plant Manager, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!