Company: Graham Packaging
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Company Statement Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview New Plant opening in 2023Plant Managers are responsible
for overall effectiveness of day-to-day manufacturing operations
through direction of personnel in the management of safety,
quality, customer service, efficient utilization of resources,
equipment, materials and manpower procedures and programs.
Responsibilities The primary duties of a Plant Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Leads the plant safety initiatives through the participation
and development of safety training programs, plant safety meetings,
safety audits and by encouraging employee involvement through
safety suggestion and recognition programs.
- Leads the plant quality initiatives through the implementation
of corrective actions from customer or internal complaints,
coordinating new product qualifications, and participating in
internal and external quality system audits and developing and
implementing corrective action plans.
- Responsible for the selection, training, growth and development
of shift and staff personnel to attain organizational goals
- Reviews operating statements for all departments and directs
manufacturing operations so that all plant costs are within
- Develops and maintains sound relations with customers and works
with them to identify systems improvements and possible supply
chain cost reductions.
- Ensures continuous improvement plans are developed and
implemented to ensure short and long range goals are in
- Oversees the production planning process to ensure customer
requirements are satisfied.
- Maintains contact with sales department and customer service to
effectively meet and maximize utilization of plant facilities.
- Act as the Plant's Project Manager on new initiatives involving
equipment and molds.
- Participates in monthly, quarterly and year-end physical
inventories in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of plants strategic and
tactical plans that provided the needed focus and drive to achieve
the plant and overall company objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement plans using Operation Excellence
tools across cross functional departments.
- Promote an open door and team building environment policy.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other
- 0-25% travel may be required. Qualifications A Bachelor's
Degree and/or related plant management experience; or equivalent
combination of education and related plant management experience is
required. A minimum of five years' experience in an operations
supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with
demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred. Six Sigma, Lean,
and/or Kaizen experience preferred.Plant Managers are required to
interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers.
Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also
essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others. EEO Disclaimer Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Montgomery , Plant Manager, Professions , Prattville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!