General Affairs Manager
Company: Hyundai Glovis (Hyundai Motor Affiliated Company)
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*Position Title: General Affairs Manager*
*Reports To: CFO*
*Shift: 1st Shift Hours*
Responsible for management of health, safety, & environmental (HSE)
programs, security, facility maintenance, procurement, asset
management, property insurance, ISO 45001 certification, and
administrative duties; supervise all employees and processes to
ensure the health and safety of team members at all times;
communicate with HQ and HMMA on safety issues and requirements;
support CTPAT compliance for FTZ regulations; support all
departments to ensure production goals are met.
- COVID-19 Prevention (policies, procedures, testing, quarantine,
contact tracing, return to work, vaccinations, PPE, etc.).
- Oversee all Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) aspects and
processes to ensure OSHA and EPA compliance.
- Manage facility maintenance repair process and maintenance
contractors for CC and OCC locations (docks, HVAC, electrical,
- Oversee security processes and functions for CC and OCC (facility
access, visitor mgmt, FTZ & CTPAT compliance, etc.).
- Oversee asset management process and compliance for CC, OCC, and
Lineside locations (investments, annual audit, etc.).
- Oversee property, general liability, automobile, umbrella, and
crime insurance policies for all locations (CC, OCC, MCC,
- Oversee investment purchasing process, negotiate best equipment
pricing from vendors and distribute details internally.
- Review and renew contracts for services pertaining to General
Affairs functions (safety, security, maintenance, insurance,
- Identify issues that could negatively impact the health and
safety of Glovis team members or subcontractors, apply corrective
action, implement countermeasures, and retrain team members as
needed to ensure a safe work environment at all times.
- Execute plans and directives outlined by upper management and HQ
in regards to safety training and best practices.
- Ensure the overall well-being of our organization by mitigating
risk and implementing loss prevention tactics.
- Monitor facility access controls to protect company assets and
employees; review CCTV surveillance footage regularly.
- Coach and train General Affairs personnel to ensure their
*Secondary Responsibilities: *
- Administrative duties and purchasing (employee badges, team wear,
company cell phones, office supplies, furniture, consumable goods,
etc.) and travel arrangements for HQ visitors (hotel, rental car,
COVID testing, HMMA badges, etc.).
- Organize and plan community outreach programs on behalf of
company (food drive, toy drive, blood drive, cancer walk,
- Orchestrate company events and employee morale gatherings
(Communication Meetings, Family Day, etc.).
- Manage HMA lease vehicles on behalf of management (MVRs,
ordering, pickup, returns, maintenance, purchasing, etc.).
- Conduct root-cause investigations, analyze all incidents,
accidents, and near-misses, implement countermeasures and retrain
personnel as needed in order to avoid injury or loss due to injury,
material damage, workers compensation, and down time.
- Support annual CTPAT and ISO 45001 certifications renewals as
they relate to security and safety requirements.
- Continuously audit facility to ensure safe work practices, loss
prevention, mitigate risk, and ensure OSHA & EPA compliance.
-Provide coaching and leadership in order for personnel to
successfully meet key performance targets and goals.
-Ensure financial targets, budgets, and departmental goals are
attained and review/revise departmental policies annually.
- Ensure all subcontractors perform job duties safely as instructed
to avoid negative impacts to organization and prevent potential
OSHA inspections or violations (monthly safety meetings,
subcontractor evaluations, etc.).
-Process charge-back claims and invoice requests to subcontractors
for property damages.
-Manage Hyundai and KIA vehicle purchasing discount programs for
all full-time Glovis employees.
-Promote a safe work environment and safety culture mindset by
providing training materials and implementing best practices for
all work processes.
-Strong leadership skills, problem solving, and coaching skills
with a drive for action and change.
-Provide direction, support, and leadership to ensure the overall
success of Glovis Alabama.
-3+ years of health, safety, & environmental management
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Supervisory experience with a proactive approach to problem
solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, friendly, eager, self-motivated, and diligent
- Strong presentation and training skills
- 1+ year of ISO certification experience
- Able to work on weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Montgomery, AL 36105: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* General Affairs: 5 years (Required)
* Safety: 5 years (Required)
* Facility Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
* Property Insurance: 5 years (Required)
* Procurement: 5 years (Required)
* Construction: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hyundai Glovis (Hyundai Motor Affiliated Company), Montgomery , General Affairs Manager, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!