Applications Development Analyst - 1827
Company: Advanced Systems Design
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Advanced Systems Design is seeking an -Applications Development
Analyst -for our client located in Montgomery, AL. Sorry, remote
work will not be considered or -negotiated for this position.Job
Overview:This position will serve as the Crossroads IT Support and
User Acceptance Tester (UAT) for the State Agency Model (SAM)
Crossroads Consortium project. The SAM project is a four-state
(Alabama, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia) USDA /FNS
initiative. It will work closely with the Women, Infants, and
Children (WIC) program on the Crossroads system and ensure the
software vendor is providing the desired functionality in the
delivered product. A solid work history as well as proven
experience in the use of SQL server development tools and assisting
WIC program staff with business software planning, guiding and
directing good software practices, and ensuring positive software
testing results is required. Documents problems and assists in
their resolution.Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to learn current software systems and tools and
technologies as they relate to the WIC Crossroads project.
- Must have the ability to understand system requirements and
assist with documentation including detailed design and program
specifications using the MS Office Suite.
- Works on multiple programs/systems as a project team
- Considered a subject matter expert for a single
- May coach more junior staff.
- Good organization skills and the ability to work on deadlines
are a must.
- Report issues to the vendor as needed.
- Communicate well with all levels of staff. Good communication
skills and attention to detail are essential to this
- 3+ -years of programming/systems analysis
- 3+ years of SQL experience.
- Must understand and interpret software requirements and know
the process transformation of business rules into detailed
documentation and validate through Crossroads system
- Ability to write ad-hoc queries (complex and simple) using MS
SQL Server tools.
- Ability to review and analyze test results including reviewing
data updates to the Database(s)
- Ability to develop software utilities and programs using VB.NET
-or C#.NET to support the WIC program.
- Ability to write complex SQL Server reports for data validation
and WIC program use.
- Execute and revise software test plans, procedures, and
scenarios as needed.
- Interpret Graphical User Interface Behavior.
- Troubleshoot Crossroads user-reported issues and determine
solutions for resolving and developing appropriate
- Knowledge of and experience with the Women, Infants, and
Children (WIC) program is desirable.
- Some knowledge and experience with automated defect tracking
and testing tools are desired.
- The ability to assist and resolve problems using Software
Quality Assurance processes and standards is also
desired.Education:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,
Information Systems, or another related field.OrRelevant equivalent
work experience above the minimum requiredAdvanced Systems Design,
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State &
Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor
with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice,
Transportation, and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud
42-year track record of providing successful innovative solutions
for our government customers.
- A drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free
Workplace Act of 1988. -
- Applicants who have a signed offer of employment or contractor
agreement are subject to:
- the pre-employment testing protocol:
- background investigation
- drug screeningOur Employees:
- Are actively working on next-generation technology projects
with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, CDC, -and a wide
array of Federal, State, and Local agencies throughout the United
- Are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but
not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology ExposureFor additional information regarding
Advanced Systems Design, please check out our - -or click for all
current job openings.Advanced Systems Design is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. -All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Powered by
Keywords: Advanced Systems Design, Montgomery , Applications Development Analyst - 1827, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...